GL 1500 Goldwing 92

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
Nlmman47
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Goldwing Aspencad

GL 1500 Goldwing 92

Post by Nlmman47 »

Hello
i recently bought an 92 goldwing that has been setting for a number of years.It has some cosmetic issues but overall in good shape.i am waiting for a key to check everything but im sure it has some gas issues and i hope thats all but i notice the carbs was slightly gum up i used a screwdriver to move the the diaphragms to slide again. but i not sure how bad its. is there anything i can pour down the carb to let it soak to help in this issue. i probably going to have to rebuild cars but i just want to see if i can get it some free first, it might not be to bad, i got to rebuild clutch master cylinder the lever is like its broke. can anybody have any suggestion what i can do on the initial checks. i could loose on this bike bought for 300.

John K
Motorcycle: 58 MZ BK350
71 Sporty
98 GoldWing SE
04 Wide Glide
Former bikes
305 Honda
750 Honda

Re: GL 1500 Goldwing 92

Post by John K »

Lots of information available on this website
Go to home page
Click on Discussion Forum
Next page will come up
Click on Tech Talk
Next page will come up
At top of page is New Topic where you can ask for help with your project
And/or
Next to New Topic is Search this forum
Type in your project, question, someone may have asked it before and pick the replies you wish to read that may help you

I typed in " New to me" which got over 1800 times that someone stated new to me and got replies
Hope this helps
Take Care
John K
Rambozo
Motorcycle: 1992 GL1500 Aspencade
Ducati Monster

Re: GL 1500 Goldwing 92

Post by Rambozo »

At least it wasn't free. There is nothing more expensive than a free motorcycle.
Replace the old fuel and add some Seafoam. If you're lucky it might come around. Be aware that it could take several tankfulls before it will idle smooth, if it ever does.
Otherwise plan on rebuilding the carbs. (Don't use cheap kits)