Brass anchor

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-2017)
Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Motorcycle: 2008 Goldwing III

Brass anchor

Post by Whitewing5955 »

I need to know what the brass post that goes into the clutch handle is called. do not have an exploded view picture to find out what that part number is. I need the clutch and brake brass post. I would have never thought that that would have worn!

User avatar
Posts: 3760
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:59 pm
Location: North Bay, Ontario, Canada
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD
1987 Harley Softail Custom
1974 Harley FLH (sold)
1965 Harley FLHE (sold)
1957 Harley Chopper (sold)

Re: Brass anchor

Post by Viking »

Believe it or not, according to the service manual, Honda calls that a "joint piece". ... A-000.html

But in this exploded diagram, they refer to it as a "bush" (number 02) - is that the one? ... embly.html
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

User avatar
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:25 pm
Location: Manchester, PA
Motorcycle: Current: 2008 GL1800
Previous: 96 GL1500 SE
85 GL1200 I
85 GL1200 I
75 GL1000

Re: Brass anchor

Post by artgrantz »

I think that bush is short for bushing, at least that's what I call it. I beleive that it is made off brass so that it will wear rather than the plunger which would be hard to replace. Changing the bushings every couple of years is cheap and easy.
Post Reply