Bike mp3 CB


Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-2017)
Post Reply
alabamawing2002
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:03 pm
Location: Brewton Al
Motorcycle: 2002 gl1800 trike

Bike mp3 CB

Post by alabamawing2002 »



Hope people have better luck than I did with the bike mp3 cb, I have been having trouble for over 2 years, each time I have a problem with the Cb, They would give me a new one, but each time I would have a different problem, after 4 CBs, they sent me a rebuilt one, and said if I still have a problem it is my bike, well I had problem, So I Put in a Honda CB, guess what NO Problems, Pete Elvin owner of bike mp3 said due to warranty out would not do anything. I guess all you have to do is keep sending bad products out until the warranty is out, then you are off the hook.


User avatar
wing rider 2012
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 4:49 pm
Location: Medford, Oregon
Motorcycle: 2012 GL1800 Level I Blue/Silver
1998 GL1500 Aspy
1985 Venture Royal 1300
1979 GL1000

Re: Bike mp3 CB

Post by wing rider 2012 »

I have a Bikemp3 CB, GL2Way, I haven't had any problems with it other than a squeal, which was taken care of. The GL2Way has much better modulation quality than the OEM CB, this is due to the modulation percentage difference between the OEM and the GL2Way. I think that after 4 CB's the problem may be in the bike itself other than the radio.

Due to the specs of the GL2Way one can run into issues depending on the ground conditions of the bike. The GL2Way radio has much better receiver sensitivity than the OEM and therefore can pickup noise generated from poor ground conditions, the same goes with the transmitter. One thing I noticed about the GL2Way was I could not run a condenser mic I had to go with a dynamic mic on the headsets. I'm very pleased with the GL2Way CB, it's programming allows you to set up the radio to your liking.
Vietnam Veteran
9th ID, Jan 69 - Oct 70
Member: Military Order of the Purple Heart
Member: Vietnam Veterans of America
Member: GWTA. Chapter A, Grants Pass, Oregon
alabamawing2002
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:03 pm
Location: Brewton Al
Motorcycle: 2002 gl1800 trike

Re: Bike mp3 CB

Post by alabamawing2002 »

I am glad you are having good luck with the bikemp3, But having put in the honda cb, I am not having any more problems. Each time I had a problem it was something different, but I am not having any problems with the Honda CB. The dealer in my area has quit selling the bikemp3 due to all the problems he is having. Hope you have no problems, ride safe.
User avatar
Steve F
Posts: 505
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:25 pm
Location: Grand Canyon State!
Motorcycle: 1976 Honda CB750F Cafe' (sold :>( )
'03 GL1800
DARKSIDE RIDER

Re: Bike mp3 CB

Post by Steve F »

wing rider 2012 wrote:I have a Bikemp3 CB, GL2Way, I haven't had any problems with it other than a squeal, which was taken care of. The GL2Way has much better modulation quality than the OEM CB, this is due to the modulation percentage difference between the OEM and the GL2Way. I think that after 4 CB's the problem may be in the bike itself other than the radio.

Due to the specs of the GL2Way one can run into issues depending on the ground conditions of the bike. The GL2Way radio has much better receiver sensitivity than the OEM and therefore can pickup noise generated from poor ground conditions, the same goes with the transmitter. One thing I noticed about the GL2Way was I could not run a condenser mic I had to go with a dynamic mic on the headsets. I'm very pleased with the GL2Way CB, it's programming allows you to set up the radio to your liking.
I agree. Works great, and it's been reported that it "sounds great" too. I had other issues with the GL2WAY box, not the CB part, and that was easily taken care of by Pete.
"To ride is the reason, the destination's the excuse."
alabamawing2002
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:03 pm
Location: Brewton Al
Motorcycle: 2002 gl1800 trike

Re: Bike mp3 CB

Post by alabamawing2002 »

HI: If you think my problem is my bike, and bikemp3 is ok, I would be glad to sell it to you for $400.
User avatar
Steve F
Posts: 505
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:25 pm
Location: Grand Canyon State!
Motorcycle: 1976 Honda CB750F Cafe' (sold :>( )
'03 GL1800
DARKSIDE RIDER

Re: Bike mp3 CB

Post by Steve F »

alabamawing2002 wrote:HI: If you think my problem is my bike, and bikemp3 is ok, I would be glad to sell it to you for $400.
Generous offer, but I already have one ;)
"To ride is the reason, the destination's the excuse."
worthenr
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:34 pm
Location: Ferron, UT
Motorcycle: 2008 GL1800

Re: Bike mp3 CB

Post by worthenr »

I have one and had problems with it as well. I will never trust the ratings on anything again. I posted a bad rating and got a phone call within minutes from Bike MP3 asking what the problem was. I explained it to him and they sent me a replacement with a new cable. It worked for a month or so but does not work now. I can hear but cannot transmit. Anyway they took my bad rating off. So I guess if it is a good rating they will post it but will take it off if it doesn't meet their standards, oh what standards? I am saving to buy a Honda CB for next riding season, I figure I can wait until then as I haven't had a working one for a while anyway.
alabamawing2002
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:03 pm
Location: Brewton Al
Motorcycle: 2002 gl1800 trike

Re: Bike mp3 CB

Post by alabamawing2002 »

I know how you feel. The Honda CB works great. I found the Honda Cb at Niehause cycle, for $599 (niehauscycle.com)
User avatar
WingAdmin
Site Admin
Posts: 21809
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:16 pm
Location: Strongsville, OH
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (sold)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2012 Suzuki Burgman 400 (wife's!)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: Bike mp3 CB

Post by WingAdmin »

worthenr wrote:I have one and had problems with it as well. I will never trust the ratings on anything again. I posted a bad rating and got a phone call within minutes from Bike MP3 asking what the problem was. I explained it to him and they sent me a replacement with a new cable. It worked for a month or so but does not work now. I can hear but cannot transmit. Anyway they took my bad rating off. So I guess if it is a good rating they will post it but will take it off if it doesn't meet their standards, oh what standards? I am saving to buy a Honda CB for next riding season, I figure I can wait until then as I haven't had a working one for a while anyway.
Is that the new one that Bike MP3 is selling now that you had, or the old one?
worthenr
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:34 pm
Location: Ferron, UT
Motorcycle: 2008 GL1800

Re: Bike mp3 CB

Post by worthenr »

The old one, I will not take a chance on any products from them. The one I have is 3 years old.
alabamawing2002
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:03 pm
Location: Brewton Al
Motorcycle: 2002 gl1800 trike

Re: Bike mp3 CB

Post by alabamawing2002 »

Just to give you a update, no refund on my bikemp3 cb, But the Honda CB is still working great. Ride safe.
Goldwingmahopac
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:22 pm
Location: Mahopac ny
Motorcycle: 2008 gl 1800

Re: Bike mp3 CB

Post by Goldwingmahopac »

Hello all
I recently installed a evolution cb from bikemp3 on a 2008 wing. First cb and controls are sluggish. Column and channel only go down

Any idea what could be causing it? Can it be the cb?

How does one get in touch with bikemp3?

Thanks all for the assist
User avatar
tfdeputydawg
Posts: 1140
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:59 am
Location: Indianapolis, In.
Motorcycle: 06 Wing III/2010 Hannigan

Re: Bike mp3 CB

Post by tfdeputydawg »

BikeMP3 is out of business!!!


Post Reply