Page 1 of 1

Passenger armrest pad

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:12 am
by david buchanan
Have a 2002 1800, the arm rest pad blew off the other day, ordered a new one, does this require some form of sealant to keep it in place? Dealer did not say anything about it, no instructions either. Thank you for any help.

Re: Passenger armrest pad

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:19 pm
by keithg64
I believe it to be 2 screws from underneath.

Re: Passenger armrest pad

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:02 pm
by m2102
What arm rests do you have? I have kurys and they have 4 screws underneath to hold the on. Sounds like you will need new bolts if the new pad doesn't comes with them.

Re: Passenger armrest pad

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:18 pm
by david buchanan
The new pad is OEM, it has about six little brass colored pins, that fit in place above the back speaker grill. There are no threads or nuts either, I,m baffled to say the least.

Re: Passenger armrest pad

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:36 pm
by m2102
Can you post a pic of thr arm rest?

Re: Passenger armrest pad

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:04 pm
by keithg64
Could they have been rivets?

Re: Passenger armrest pad

Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:38 pm
by MikeB
Take a look at this You Tube video. It will show how the arm rest pad and speaker grill comes apart on a 2006. I hope yours is similar.


Re: Passenger armrest pad

Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:24 pm
by david buchanan
MikeB wrote:Take a look at this You Tube video. It will show how the arm rest pad and speaker grill comes apart on a 2006. I hope yours is similar.

My new pad looks just like this one, see the pins just hanging there, nothing on them that I can see. He doesn't show the bottom that long to get a good look.

Re: Passenger armrest pad

Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:51 pm
by firey1
At the back of the pad there is 3 clips that slot in and on front of pad there are two clips one of mine was loose and i found that it had not been cliped in right at the back and the steel clips in front were missing so was really only just sitting there

the best thing to do is to slot in the arm rest then using a large blade srewdriver push down each clip while pushing the front of the cover back to lock it in properly

Re: Passenger armrest pad

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:50 am
by david buchanan
firey1 wrote:At the back of the pad there is 3 clips that slot in and on front of pad there are two clips one of mine was loose and i found that it had not been cliped in right at the back and the steel clips in front were missing so was really only just sitting there

the best thing to do is to slot in the arm rest then using a large blade srewdriver push down each clip while pushing the front of the cover back to lock it in properly
Thanks for the tip firey1, I even called American Honda, they couldn't help either, said they did not have the service manual on hand to look. I haved looked at my Clymer manual, no help there as well.

Re: Passenger armrest pad

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:57 am
by MikeB
You can remove the passenger armrest from the opposite side and see how it is attached.

Re: Passenger armrest pad

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:45 pm
by david buchanan
MikeB wrote:You can remove the passenger armrest from the opposite side and see how it is attached.
Just did this , this morning, there are five nut clips that attach to the five pins, thanks to all for the advice, had to order the nut clips.