1800 Goldwing intercom buzzing


Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-2017)
Post Reply
Mydexter
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:53 pm
Location: New Jersey
Motorcycle: 1993 goldwing SE 1500

2001 1800 A Goldwing
Contact:

1800 Goldwing intercom buzzing

Post by Mydexter »



I have a 01 Goldwing when I plug in the intercom put it in gear let the clutch out and buzzing starts as I go through the gears it buzzes once I'm in 5th gear it's a constant hum it's making me crazy I've turned it off turned it on unplugged and replugged it it's not in the radio radio does not make any noise if I turn the engine off turn the key back on there is nobody only when engine is running I need some help answers please


Mydexter
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:53 pm
Location: New Jersey
Motorcycle: 1993 goldwing SE 1500

2001 1800 A Goldwing
Contact:

Re: 1800 Goldwing intercom buzzing

Post by Mydexter »

Mydexter wrote:I have a 01 Goldwing when I plug in the intercom put it in gear let the clutch out and buzzing starts as I go through the gears it buzzes once I'm in 5th gear it's a constant hum it's making me crazy I've turned it off turned it on unplugged and replugged it it's not in the radio radio does not make any noise if I turn the engine off turn the key back on there is nobody only when engine is running I need some help answers please
User avatar
Steve F
Posts: 505
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:25 pm
Location: Grand Canyon State!
Motorcycle: 1976 Honda CB750F Cafe' (sold :>( )
'03 GL1800
DARKSIDE RIDER

Re: 1800 Goldwing intercom buzzing

Post by Steve F »

Most likely alternator whine. There is also that possibility that the speed sensor is creating a ticking sound that will turn into a whine the faster you go. I'm not an audio guy, but I know the intercom amplifier is separate from the main audio amp.
There is a guy that repairs the Goldwing radios, Larry M from www.wingconnect.com and if you go to his website, you may find some answers.
"To ride is the reason, the destination's the excuse."
Mydexter
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:53 pm
Location: New Jersey
Motorcycle: 1993 goldwing SE 1500

2001 1800 A Goldwing
Contact:

Re: 1800 Goldwing intercom buzzing

Post by Mydexter »

Steve F wrote:Most likely alternator whine. There is also that possibility that the speed sensor is creating a ticking sound that will turn into a whine the faster you go. I'm not an audio guy, but I know the intercom amplifier is separate from the main audio amp.
There is a guy that repairs the Goldwing radios, Larry M from http://www.wingconnect.com and if you go to his website, you may find some answers.
Mydexter wrote:
Mydexter wrote:I have a 01 Goldwing when I plug in the intercom put it in gear let the clutch out and buzzing starts as I go through the gears it buzzes once I'm in 5th gear it's a constant hum it's making me crazy I've turned it off turned it on unplugged and replugged it it's not in the radio radio does not make any noise if I turn the engine off turn the key back on there is nobody only when engine is running I need some help answers please
thanks i will look into that
User avatar
Steve F
Posts: 505
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:25 pm
Location: Grand Canyon State!
Motorcycle: 1976 Honda CB750F Cafe' (sold :>( )
'03 GL1800
DARKSIDE RIDER

Re: 1800 Goldwing intercom buzzing

Post by Steve F »

Well, I just noticed your bike is a '93 SE1500.....um, not sure if wingconnect.com can help as I was assuming you had an 1800, unless you ARE talking about an 1800 :?: . I'm so confused.
Look into it none the less, you never know.
"To ride is the reason, the destination's the excuse."
Mydexter
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:53 pm
Location: New Jersey
Motorcycle: 1993 goldwing SE 1500

2001 1800 A Goldwing
Contact:

Re: 1800 Goldwing intercom buzzing

Post by Mydexter »

Steve F wrote:Well, I just noticed your bike is a '93 SE1500.....um, not sure if wingconnect.com can help as I was assuming you had an 1800, unless you ARE talking about an 1800 :?: . I'm so confused.
Look into it none the less, you never know.
I still have the 1500 see if got the 1800 in July this year
Joen
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:48 am
Location: Florida
Motorcycle: 08 GL1800

Re: 1800 Goldwing intercom buzzing

Post by Joen »

It seems like a simple response but check battery and connections. I had a ticking noise on head set battery cables were lose. It had a good enough connection to start and run but wing has a lot going on in electronics...


Post Reply