LED gauges

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-2017)
txlander
Motorcycle: 2010 GL1800 Trike

LED gauges

Post by txlander »

I am new to this forum and I find the information that I have seen to be very useful. Is there a forum section devoted specifically to trikes? I have not found it, but I am just learning how to navigate around the site.

I have a 2010 GL1800 with a 2010 Motor Trike Adventure conversion. It has two LED gauges in the fairing. One is for voltage, the other is for pre-load. They only work occasionally. All the elements don't always light up. If I press on the edge of the dashboard, more elements will light, but others may go out. I have had the LED assembly out and I can slightly twist it while it is connected and all the elements light. The unit is sealed and there is no way to access the displays. Is there something on the market to replace the LED display unit? The way Motor Trike mounts the unit behind the dash is not indicative of intelligent engineering. The grinding off of the plastic to mount the display is uneven and hap-hazard. It is my understanding that the new Razor kits have the gauges mounted behind the right speaker grill. Has anyone else with the Motor Trike Adventure had this problem and if so what was the solution?