Help Goldwing 2012

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-2017)
Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:02 pm
Location: Texas
Motorcycle: Goldwing 2012. Harley Davidson roadglide 2009

Help Goldwing 2012

Post by Texaslonestarleather »

Hi we have a Goldwing trike what has just been triked due to my friends disability with his left leg.
He can't up shift
How do we remove gearshift..
Can we buy a extended one as his foot would be able to use it if the shift stuck out 3 to 4 inch more ..

Any special tools needed... thanks for add to group

User avatar
Posts: 3738
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:59 pm
Location: North Bay, Ontario, Canada
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD
1987 Harley Softail Custom
1974 Harley FLH (sold)
1965 Harley FLHE (sold)
1957 Harley Chopper (sold)

Re: Help Goldwing 2012

Post by Viking »

You can buy a heel/toe shift arm from anyone who sells Kuryakyn products. Comes as a kit with floorboards, but you can get one on its own. ... ifter/8525 ... for-gl1800

and a less costly one: ... ifter/2741
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

User avatar
Posts: 1151
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:59 am
Location: Indianapolis, In.
Motorcycle: 06 Wing III/2010 Hannigan

Re: Help Goldwing 2012

Post by tfdeputydawg »

User avatar
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:14 am
Location: Kingston, Illinois
Motorcycle: 2004 GL 1800 with 2015 Roadsmith Trike kit

Re: Help Goldwing 2012

Post by Wingrider55 »

If you decide to get floorboards with heal toe shifter, go with Rivco as they are much better quality than Kury for about the same price.
User avatar
wing rider 2012
Posts: 259
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 4:49 pm
Location: Medford, Oregon
Motorcycle: 2012 GL1800 Level I Blue/Silver
1998 GL1500 Aspy
1985 Venture Royal 1300
1979 GL1000

Re: Help Goldwing 2012

Post by wing rider 2012 »

I think a heel-toe shifter would be just what he needs, you up shift with the heel and down shift with the toe.

Vietnam Veteran
9th ID, Jan 69 - Oct 70
Member: Military Order of the Purple Heart
Member: Vietnam Veterans of America
Member: GWTA. Chapter A, Grants Pass, Oregon
Post Reply