2009 gl1800 Rear Right Speaker not working

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-2017)
ljlevin
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800

2009 gl1800 Rear Right Speaker not working

Post by ljlevin »

I have a rear right speaker not working. I cut open the left (facing the trunk) wiring harness and found about 8 wires that have a clean cut(not sure if supposed to be that way) along with 4 still attached. Can anyone tell me which wires go to the right speakers from this harness and what all the other wires are for? All those wires not attached yet only the right speaker not working seems odd. Need a schematic or something that shows me what each color coded wire is for.

Thanks

L

Steve F
Motorcycle: 1976 Honda CB750F Cafe' (sold :>( )
'03 GL1800
DARKSIDE RIDER

Re: 2009 gl1800 Rear Right Speaker not working

Post by Steve F »

Where is the "clean cut" located that you found? A typical problem area with the rear speaker wires is they break right where they constantly bend due to opening and closing the trunk. I had that happen and I just spliced in some lengths of flexible multi strand wire, matching color for color. I even spliced wires that were still okay, but doomed to break later, 'cause you KNOW it's gonna happen.
BTW, there are lots of other things those wire go to beside the speakers, like the remote trunk open, lock, unlock, there's a hot 12v and ground and the speakers left and right, 2 wires each............
"To ride is the reason, the destination's the excuse."
ljlevin
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800

Re: 2009 gl1800 Rear Right Speaker not working

Post by ljlevin »

They are located in the left harness facing the trunk almost at the trunk hinge. They just seemed to clean for a break. multiple wires "cut" or unattached but everything works except the right speaker.
I am hoping someone can share with me the color codes for each wire and what they drive so I can figure this out without taking to dealer to charge me an arm and a leg plus tax

Thank you

L