Front suspension and dive valve noises.

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-2017)
kyle2004
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800 Goldwing 2004

Front suspension and dive valve noises.

Post by kyle2004 »

Hello, I just got my bike out of the shop and it's doing the same thing after they installed new fork bushings and fork dust seals. I brought it to the shop because when I'd hit a small bump it would make a sharp chirp noise that sound like it was coming from the front forks, but when I'd hit a big bump in would make a loud chirping/screeching sound. But after I spent the money on the forks it's still doing the same thing. So, the guy working on it didn't seem to know what was making the noise. So, after looking up the possibilities I found that it might be the anti dive unit. Long story, but I found out how to disable it and did so. After driving with it disabled I found that that fixed the chirping on the small bumps but in stilled would make a loud screeching noise when hitting larger bumps. And with it disengaged it also was a very bumpy ride and I didn't like the feel at all. So, I decided to undo it and reengage the anti dive. Does anyone have a clue what this might be? The sound seems to be coming from the front forks and we couldn't find anywhere where the tire might be rubbing or the break-lines might be rubbing. The mechanic seems to be at a loss with this as well.