ID Request: Rear Comms Controller

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-2017)
NoblePilgrim
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800 Trike

ID Request: Rear Comms Controller

Post by NoblePilgrim »

Greetings!

Have been reading the forums a bit, but haven't found a need to post before now (find most of my answers without having to create a new thread).

Bought an '04 Trike down in Florida, and have been finding a few little issues with it, here and there. The latest had to do with the rear Comms controller. Apparently, the bracket securing it to the armrest had broken, at some point, and the previous owner "glued" the unit to the armrest with some silicone. I guess it worked well enough, as I hadn't even noticed until now, when it finally came undone.

Here is a picture of it, before it came undone. You can see the little blob of silicone up near the volume control.

Rear Comms controller (attached with silicone)
Rear Comms controller (attached with silicone)

Can anybody please tell me what this unit is called, and where I might be able to find it (or parts for it)? I'd like to see the original bracket, and maybe either order one or fabricate something similar. And, of course, knowing exactly what the unit is called could be useful, if I have issues with it in the future. I couldn't locate/recognize it on the service manual or parts diagrams I checked. That said:
1) I realize there are several non-stock features on this machine, and
2) I guess I might just be looking in the wrong places, or with the wrong eyes. :roll:

Thanks in advance!

keithg64
Motorcycle: 2007 Gl1800HPNA Blue
2000 GL1500 Pearl Coranado Blue -sold

Re: ID Request: Rear Comms Controller

Post by keithg64 »

It looks like a J&M passenger push to talk button for the passenger communication.

https://www.jmcorp.com/PDF/PSCR-GL18--- ... 6-2007.pdf
It's not what you buy, it's what you build.
NoblePilgrim
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800 Trike

Post by NoblePilgrim »

Perfect.

Thank you!
WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (sold)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2012 Suzuki Burgman 400 (wife's!)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Post by WingAdmin »

Definitely. And there was no bracket to hold it to the passenger armrest, that was (obviously) a bodge job by a previous owner. Which means when it comes to re-fastening it, get out your creativity hat. :)