reverse will not move bike

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-2017)
Elmerthud
Motorcycle: 1994 GL1500 aspencade

reverse will not move bike

Post by Elmerthud »

hi all i have a problem with the reverse on a GL1800A3 reverse clicks in cables move in (all be it a bit slack) push start / reverse button bike starts to move then stops after a short 2 inch move will not move any further if i persist with button it blows fuse not had bar switches to bits yet as starter sometimes doesnt work also any idea on how to adjust reverse cable as well many thanks in advance :cry: :cry: :cry: Forgot to say when starter pressed and reverse engaged it moves about 2 inches then cuts out the reverse light goes out and i have to switch it off and then back on to take out off reverse or back in to reverse
rse

cihilb
Motorcycle: 2012 Pearl White

Re: reverse will not move bike

Post by cihilb »

How old is the battery? The starter motor requires full power for reverse.
You can test the battery by using a voltmeter on the battery and then trying to start the bike with the throttle wide open.The bike will not start, but it will give you indication of the loaded voltage. Anything below 10.5 volts is too low.
Elmerthud
Motorcycle: 1994 GL1500 aspencade

Re: reverse will not move bike

Post by Elmerthud »

Hi thanks for reply. Yeh it’s a new battery as I know the system is voltage critical even upon starting engine

Just I thought does any one know if the reverse is linked to the neutral switch as the neutral light is staying on through the gears