CB - audio integration.

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-2017)
Usranger74
Motorcycle: 2016 Goldwing Comfort.

CB - audio integration.

Post by Usranger74 »

I ride a 2016 Goldwing Comfort

I am having a CB installed but when I check the OM there is not much about how to use it or how it integrates with other audio functions.

With the CB on can I still listen to the radio or Ipod? If I talk on the CB does it cut the radio or I pod off? With the CB on if there is chatter on it does it compete with the radio or I pod

Txs in advance for your help.

topgun
Motorcycle: 2003 GL1800

Re: CB - audio integration.

Post by topgun »

Usranger74 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:09 pm
I ride a 2016 Goldwing Comfort

I am having a CB installed but when I check the OM there is not much about how to use it or how it integrates with other audio functions.

With the CB on can I still listen to the radio or Ipod? YES if you adj. squelch correctly
If I talk on the CB does it cut the radio or I pod off? Yes
With the CB on if there is chatter on it does it compete with the radio or I pod? No it I interrupts audio

Txs in advance for your help.
You will want to do this thru helmet command most likely to avoid feedback

Viking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD
1987 Harley Softail Custom
1974 Harley FLH (sold)
1965 Harley FLHE (sold)
1957 Harley Chopper (sold)

Re: CB - audio integration.

Post by Viking »

If it works anything like the previous models (2001 to 2010) then yes, pretty much to all of your questions. You will need to adjust it so that it operates in accordance with your wishes. The squelch controls where it cuts out noise and distant chatter, etc, which can all cut your other audio out. Yes, when you key the mike, you cut off audio and yes, if squelch is not set correctly, you will get chatter and it will cut out your music then. I find that unless I am group riding, the best position for the CB is OFF.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey