heated sat and the heated hand grips

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-2017)
tbruno
Motorcycle: 2010 Goldwing

heated sat and the heated hand grips

Post by tbruno »

Hello, I have a 2010 GL1800, just picked up the bike from the dealer. I went to turn on the seat and the hand grips and to my surprise neither were working. Does anybody have a clue, I have checked the fuses and the plug under the seat. Any info would be deeply appreciated. Thank You.

tfdeputydawg
Motorcycle: 06 Wing III/2010 Hannigan

Re: heated sat and the heated hand grips

Post by tfdeputydawg »

First, check to see if the seat is properly plugged into the harness(it's under the seat.) Then loosen the passenger backrest to male sure it is plugged in.
After that, there is a very involved, lengthy procedure to trouble check inop of the comfort system. Owners manual is needed to follow this procedure.
The most prevalent failure is the left grip.
Unfortunately there are very few dealers that know how to do this procedure!!!
joeincalif
Motorcycle: 1997 Gold Wing SE

Post by joeincalif »

You said you just picked it up from the dealer. Did you just buy it? If so take it back and have the dealer fix it. Also the outside temp has a lot to do with the amount of heat they put out, if it is hot outside they will not get very hot. Honda really made a mess of the heated gear. they all run with each other, if one isn't working none of it will work Most times it is handle bar grip that isn't working.
IF YOUR BORN ONCE YOU WILL DIE TWICE
IF YOUR BORN TWICE YOU WILL DIE ONCE
ALCATRAZ51
Motorcycle: 2007 GL1800 GOLDWING with CSC Trike Kit

Post by ALCATRAZ51 »

I have a similar problem. When I turn the hand grips heater on they come on for about 5-8 minutes and then go off. I can’t get them to come back on. I have a 2007 GL with ABS