How to connect aux cable for MP3

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-2017)
canoodle
Motorcycle: 2000 Honda Valkyrie GL1500 Interstate

How to connect aux cable for MP3

Post by canoodle »

Hi all

Wanting to use my MP3 player on my GL1800-Guessing will have to get one of these goodies shown in the lonk below.

Where does this wire attach to ( white fitting) ?

https://electricalconnection.com/index. ... put-cable/

Many thanks.

M61A1MECH
Motorcycle: 2013 Goldwing

Re: How to connect aux cable for MP3

Post by M61A1MECH »

On my 2013 the mating connector is under the left side glove box.
Steve K
Edgewater, FL

And the Lord said. "Thou shalt have dominion over all of the animals, except of course the cat."

canoodle

Post by canoodle »

I guess I should stipulate my bike is a 2003 model. Any chance someone can show me a pic of where/what this would plug into ? also find under
left glove box ?

Viking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD
1987 Harley Softail Custom
1974 Harley FLH (sold)
1965 Harley FLHE (sold)
1957 Harley Chopper (sold)

Post by Viking »

You would need to pull out your left side glovebox. The connection is under there.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

tamathumper
Motorcycle: 2003 GL1800A

Post by tamathumper »

The bike has two "cubbies", one on the left, and one on the right, each covered by a door that swings outward.

The one on the left opens with the latch embedded in the door. The one on the right is locked with a key, just under the door on the panel, next to your knee. Tip: you can make nice short keys that will open that door and the gas door by using radio knobs and epoxying cut off duplicate keys into them.

The left cubby has four body pins holding it in, one at each corner. Depress the little pin in the center of each of the body pins, and lift out the pins with a knife. If you try to pull the cubby out with the pins still inside it, they have a way of launching across the garage, or worse, down into the abyss of the bike's internals.

You should see a white connector for the AUX cable, and a white connector for 12V power. One or both of them may be hooked up already, so don't buy anything until you take a look under there. My bike had a 12V power socket and an AUX cable connected and tucked between the rest of the wiring.
'03 GL1800A - Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Sense of humor not found on line 2

NVSB4
Motorcycle: 2003 GL1800
1996 GL1500SE
1992 GL1500I (sold)
1986 GL1200A (sold)
2002 HD FXDL Low Rider (sold)
1993 Yamaha Virago XV1000 (sold)
Too many others to list

Post by NVSB4 »

Put that same connector into my '03 not too long ago. Installed their power plug while I was in there (into the red connector).
Attachments

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!

Chris

canoodle

Post by canoodle »

Thanks replies lads...will have a look in the left glove box when I take delivery of the bike tomorrow.

Terry D
Motorcycle: 2005 Honda GL1800

Post by Terry D »

When you put the left box back into place after plugging your chord into the connector, you may notice a hole in the bottom of the box. It is a water drain hole but the 3.5 stereo plug will route through it. I also put a piece of air filter type foam cut to fit the box and my MP3 player and my Freewire sits on top of it so as not to rattle around. The red connector you see is for an accessory power plug. I would recommend you purchase that, also to charge the MP3 player and what ever else like a cell phone.

It ain't the destination but the getting there. You are not lost until you run out of gas.