Bar risers

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-2017)
canoodle
Motorcycle: 2000 Honda Valkyrie GL1500 Interstate

Bar risers

Post by canoodle »

Hi guys
Getting bad shoulder and neck pain when riding even short distances-purchased my Wing a few days ago and been reading up about bar risers-will probably solve my issue. Seems as if the Kuryakn risers are out of stock all over the place, whilst the MBL risers are available. Might look at getting these-problem being I am a pretty useless wrencher. Is this install something I could so myself or easier to ask dealership to do ? Does anyone perhaps have step by step instructions on how to action, or a video possible ? can't seem to find anything online.
Cheers & thanks

Viking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD
1987 Harley Softail Custom
1974 Harley FLH (sold)
1965 Harley FLHE (sold)
1957 Harley Chopper (sold)

Re: Bar risers

Post by Viking »

Instruction normally comes with the risers. I have not seen any online for other than Kuryakyn or Add On.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

kwthom
Motorcycle: 2016 GL1800

Post by kwthom »

Send me a PM...I know a potential source.
• "If I can't fix it, I'll fix it so nobody can!" ● Wait...I no longer have to fix it - I'm retired! :lol: ● Ken (IBA#50030) ● "Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption 1994 ● My blog

M61A1MECH
Motorcycle: 2013 Goldwing

Post by M61A1MECH »

kwthom wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:01 pm
I think I know that source and have a set of them, they are great and removed my shoulder pain, not hard to install, but do put the bike on the center stand while doing the install, because the bike can tip over to the right if you just block up the side stand to far and are not careful, do not ask me how I know this.
Steve K
Edgewater, FL

And the Lord said. "Thou shalt have dominion over all of the animals, except of course the cat."

kwthom
Motorcycle: 2016 GL1800

Post by kwthom »

M61A1MECH wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:18 pm
kwthom wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:01 pm
I think I know that source and have a set of them, they are great and removed my shoulder pain, not hard to install <...>
Yeah, you probably do know the source. I don't think he's a member here.

PM responded to.

• "If I can't fix it, I'll fix it so nobody can!" ● Wait...I no longer have to fix it - I'm retired! :lol: ● Ken (IBA#50030) ● "Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption 1994 ● My blog