LED Flasher Unit

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-2017)
Spence
Motorcycle: 2010 1800
2002 r1150rs

LED Flasher Unit

Post by Spence »

If I have a LED flasher unit installed on my 2010 GW will the OEM incandescent signal lights still work?

My bike is in the shop having a crankshaft position sensor replaced and while the deck will be all opened up for that I thought it would be smart to have the LED flasher installed. I won't be able to change the bulbs to LED for about a week of two because I want to ride as soon as I get it back this week, I hope!

I'm also having a new air filter put it while it's opened up.
Thanks,
Dave

Andy Cote
Motorcycle: 2015 Goldwing, basic black

Re: LED Flasher Unit

Post by Andy Cote »

yes, should not present a problem.
2015 Goldwing, basic black

Previously: GL1200 standard, GL1200 Interstate, GL1500 Goldwing, GL1500 Valkyrie Standard, 2000 Valkyrie Interstate, many other Hondas

Techdude2000
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800

Post by Techdude2000 »

Spence wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:42 pm
If I have a LED flasher unit installed on my 2010 GW will the OEM incandescent signal lights still work?

My bike is in the shop having a crankshaft position sensor replaced and while the deck will be all opened up for that I thought it would be smart to have the LED flasher installed. I won't be able to change the bulbs to LED for about a week of two because I want to ride as soon as I get it back this week, I hope!

I'm also having a new air filter put it while it's opened up.
Thanks,
Dave
As long as the flasher is designed to handle the incandescent load. Some are, some aren’t, ask the manufacturer.

Terry D
Motorcycle: 2005 Honda GL1800

Post by Terry D »

I remember in the day back in the mid 1900s you had to change the flasher to a Heavy Duty Flasher to handle the turn signals correctly when adding a trailer and its lights to the system. That same HD flasher worked just fine when the trailer was not hooked up. If you did not change flashers then with the extra load the stock flasher would flash too quickly making it hardly noticeable that it even was flashing.

It ain't the destination but the getting there. You are not lost until you run out of gas.