Best fog light kit available for 2006 gl1800 hpna?

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-2017)
mikes2006
Motorcycle: 2006 Honda Goldwing Gl1800 HPNA

Best fog light kit available for 2006 gl1800 hpna?

Post by mikes2006 »

I am looking to purchase a fog light kit for my 2006 Goldwng. i have searched various vendors online. I really do not want to change cowling to square opening. I am drawn to the Pathfinder kit, but I am not sure if the 800 lumen output is brght enough.. I am not sure about the cowl mounted lights, if they are isolated from vibration.
I will listen to all recommendations. Please state your reason for your suggestion.
Thank you for any help you can give me.

Terry D
Motorcycle: 2005 Honda GL1800

Re: Best fog light kit available for 2006 gl1800 hpna?

Post by Terry D »

When I bought my 05 from previous owner, it had the fog/running lights installed. I don't know the brand name. But, when I installed the HD LED headlights from Electrical Connection, I loved the bluish tint and the brightness of those low beams. When I turned on the running/fog lights, they were a yellowish tint much like the stock low and high beams. Because the running/fog lights are wired to come on with the Low Beam only, I did not like the combination of the bluish tint and yellowish tint. So, I shopped around and found the bulbs that matched in color of the low beams. Super Bright LEDs, Inc had just what I wanted for a good price ($24.65 included shipping). They are the H3 W14 LED Cool White bulbs. Not only do they look great as running lights but they save on Wattage draw. These LEDs draw about 2 watts each where the stock H3 halogen bulbs were 35 or 55 watts each. I am a believer in LED tail light bulbs also. The less draw on my alternator should extend it's life for quite a bit longer.
It ain't the destination but the getting there. You are not lost until you run out of gas.

mikes2006
Motorcycle: 2006 Honda Goldwing Gl1800 HPNA

Re: Best fog light kit available for 2006 gl1800 hpna?

Post by mikes2006 »

Thanks for the reply. I have just purchased the Pathfinder set with led fog, running, and turn signal lights in them.
Hopefully the will give me the results I am looking for.