Radio will not turn on, and turn signals not working

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-2017)
marty_lisa
Motorcycle: 2007 gl1800 trike

Radio will not turn on, and turn signals not working

Post by marty_lisa »

I have a 2007 trike that was working perfectly two years ago when my wife parked it. Due to health problems I had to sell my GL1800, and are we are now ready to sell her trike. The battery was dead so I purchased a new battery. It was a straight forward install. Now the radio/cb will not turn on at all. None of the radio/cb info shows up on the LCD screen, but all other info is there. Also, the turn signals will not work. When I press the turn signal button the turn signal light will come on, but it is does not blink. Everything else seems to work. The bike starts, horn works, reverse works etc. A friend suggested that I removed the battery cable for about two hours and then reconnect the cable to reset the radio. That did not work. Anybody have any suggestions of where to start? I have a brain injury (thanks to the military) and on most days I can do some basic troubleshooting. Thanks in advance for the help!

Rambozo
Motorcycle: 1992 GL1500 Aspencade
Ducati Monster

Re: Radio will not turn on, and turn signals not working

Post by Rambozo »

First thing I would check the fuses, and the flasher.

If you were keeping it, I would say start singing and go in a straight line. ;)
Techdude2000
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800

Re: Radio will not turn on, and turn signals not working

Post by Techdude2000 »

Rambozo wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:34 pm First thing I would check the fuses, and the flasher.

If you were keeping it, I would say start singing and go in a straight line. ;)
I agree, check the Radio/CB/Flasher fuse. Any chance there’s critters living in it? They will eat the wiring harness and blow stuff up.