Left rear saddlebag light bundle out

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-2017)
Hoghitter66
Motorcycle: 2003. GL1800 Goldwing

Left rear saddlebag light bundle out

Post by Hoghitter66 »

The trunk lights work but not the saddlebags lights on left side. Checked fuses with multimeter, they are all good. New battery and tail light/stop light bulb good plus turn signal bulb good too. Have Clymer repair manual for Goldwing but don’t see any answers. Looked at wiring diagram on those left lights but not good with that stuff. Does anyone had this problem except me? Looks like a open ground or relay maybe. Trying to not take it to expensive Honda shop. Right side rear works good, so does trunk lights so it must be in short section of wire. Not sure how to find out where voltage stops at. Thx

Andy Cote
Motorcycle: 2015 Goldwing, basic black

Re: Left rear saddlebag light bundle out

Post by Andy Cote »

Welcome to the forum.

If I read correctly, everything else works and tail light, brake light and turn signal are all out. You would seem to have a broken ground wire or the entire harness is disconnected. Use a test light connected directly to the negative post and check the bulb sockets to verify you have power.

You can open the loom and hand over hand follow the harness looking for a break.
2015 Goldwing, basic black

Previously: GL1200 standard, GL1200 Interstate, GL1500 Goldwing, GL1500 Valkyrie Standard, 2000 Valkyrie Interstate, many other Hondas
Andy Cote
Motorcycle: 2015 Goldwing, basic black

Post by Andy Cote »

How did you make out with this?
2015 Goldwing, basic black

Previously: GL1200 standard, GL1200 Interstate, GL1500 Goldwing, GL1500 Valkyrie Standard, 2000 Valkyrie Interstate, many other Hondas
Techdude2000
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800

Post by Techdude2000 »

Check C19, it’s a red connector hidden behind the license plate and rear center fender panel. It has the green ground wire for the left side bag lights passing through it. It’s the only connector that could affect just the bag lights. Be careful, with this ground broken or disconnected, you could have the left saddlebag not latched and it would not flash the warning on the screen.