Used Goldwing parts

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-2017)
Glensummers
Motorcycle: 2008 Goldwing 1800 ABS

Used Goldwing parts

Post by Glensummers »

I have a 2008 Goldwing. It did not come with a CB but I have always wanted one. I am not real sure that I would get a lot of use out of it so I struggle with paying a 1000 bucks for the CB and an antenna. I was hoping someone could guide me to a place where I can find a used one at a reasonable price. Any help would be appreciated. These bikes are very reliable so I expect most of these bikes are still on the road. I was hoping to find a wrecking yard that specializes in motorcycles.

Andy Cote
Motorcycle: 2015 Goldwing, basic black

Re: Used Goldwing parts

Post by Andy Cote »

There is a For Sale forum on this site as well as the Classified tab at the top which searches nationwide craigslist and cycletrader.

One thing about used transmitters. They can be damaged if transmitter is used without the proper load (antenna).

As far as your bike is concerned, in addition to the antenna and radio, there are several filters that are installed. I think there is an instruction sheet on this site.
Make sure you get all the parts.
2015 Goldwing, basic black

Previously: GL1200 standard, GL1200 Interstate, GL1500 Goldwing, GL1500 Valkyrie Standard, 2000 Valkyrie Interstate, many other Hondas
GoldWingrGreg
Motorcycle: 89 GL1500
03 GL1800
04 GL1800(abs)
05 GL1800(abs)
07 GL1800(abs)

Re: Used Goldwing parts

Post by GoldWingrGreg »

Glensummers wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:59 pm I have a 2008 Goldwing. It did not come with a CB but I have always wanted one. I am not real sure that I would get a lot of use out of it so I struggle with paying a 1000 bucks for the CB and an antenna. I was hoping someone could guide me to a place where I can find a used one at a reasonable price. Any help would be appreciated. These bikes are very reliable so I expect most of these bikes are still on the road. I was hoping to find a wrecking yard that specializes in motorcycles.
Have you tried eBay ???

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... b&_sacat=0