TMPS

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-2017)
SANP
Motorcycle: GL1800 2012

TMPS

Post by SANP »

Hi guys,

we purchased us a GL1800 from 2012.
We have the problem that the TMPS istn`t working..
is there someone who has the electrical drawings for the TMPS

Thanks in advance ;)
Peter

Andy Cote
Motorcycle: 2015 Goldwing, basic black

Re: TMPS

Post by Andy Cote »

Welcome to the forum.

It might help to explain what it is or isn't doing.

Is this a bike you recently purchased? Before I go digging into the wiring harness, it's common that the light blinks at the start of a ride and then goes out. In that case, the tire pressure is too low but when the tire warms during a ride, the pressure will rise and shut the light off. Happens to many folks as winter come around and cold mornings. Check the cold tire pressures and add air if necessary.

It's also common for ten year old bikes to need new batteries in the sensors. The Honda service manual says to change out the entire sensor but if you are somewhat mechanically/electrically inclined, you can replace the batteries inside the sensors. This, of course, is easiest to do with the tires removed.
2015 Goldwing, basic black

Previously: GL1200 standard, GL1200 Interstate, GL1500 Goldwing, GL1500 Valkyrie Standard, 2000 Valkyrie Interstate, many other Hondas
SANP
Motorcycle: GL1800 2012

Post by SANP »

Hi Andy,

thanks for the quick response.

We perchased a month a go from the us, sorry we are from germany.
They told us that the system is out of order.
That there is put a resistance in the kabeltree.
They don't want to tell we where... so i have to look for my self where they could put it.

that's the reason i'm looking for the elektrical drawing or global information about the TMPS system
Andy Cote
Motorcycle: 2015 Goldwing, basic black

Post by Andy Cote »

I am not familiar with that. I really suspect that, if the tires are properly inflated, the TPMS sensors need new batteries but someone more familiar with the system will be along shortly.

2015 Goldwing, basic black

Previously: GL1200 standard, GL1200 Interstate, GL1500 Goldwing, GL1500 Valkyrie Standard, 2000 Valkyrie Interstate, many other Hondas