Replacing Fog lights on a 2001 GL1800A

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-2017)
BPMJim
Motorcycle: 2001 GL1800A

Replacing Fog lights on a 2001 GL1800A

Post by BPMJim »

Hi all,
The fog / driving lights on my 2001 GL 1800A are really weak so I decided to replace them. I have 2 problems: 1 - I live in Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada and 2 - I have very little mechanical ability. Those of you that know me from the GoldwingDocs gatherings know that I am like Charlie Sheen in 2 1/2 men but without the good looks and the money. I usually "call the guy" which means have a dealer do the work or coerce a friend into helping me. This time I did the research into the best fog/driving lights and watched YouTube videos. I think I can do this myself but need the advice of some of the gurus here.
The best lights seem to be the "PathfinderLED Xtreme LED Passing Lights Fits 4.5" Spotlamp housing". They are available from J&P Cycles in the US for $ 124.99 US. If they don't fit, returning them from Canada seems to be problematic. I measured the opening for the existing lens and it is 3 1/2" so there seems to be an inch different.
I shall be leading a group on the 7th Annual Rally this year in West Virginia and would really like to have the extra light. The Youtube video on Pathfinder LEDFog/Driving Lights for 2001-2010 Honda Goldwing Install and Review from Cruiseman's Garage mentions a model FG105C for chrome but the folks at Pathfinder or SoCalMotorGear.com cannot confirm that these lights will fit my bike.
Does anyone have any suggestions or comments on these or other good fog lights? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Jim Baird aka BPMJIm. See you at the rally in August.

Rambozo
Motorcycle: 1992 GL1500 Aspencade
Ducati Monster

Re: Replacing Fog lights on a 2001 GL1800A

Post by Rambozo »

Cruiseman usually has good info. I took a quick look at Dennis Kirk, and they also agree that FG105C fits your bike.

SoCalMotoGear also shows that same part number for the chrome finish on 2001-2005.

Not entirely sure just what part is chrome or black. Maybe the trim ring that surrounds the light?
BPMJim
Motorcycle: 2001 GL1800A

Re: Replacing Fog lights on a 2001 GL1800A

Post by BPMJim »

Thanks for the update. Gives me more confidence in buying.