Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (sold)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2012 Suzuki Burgman 400 (wife's!)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

What do all these little icons mean?

Post by WingAdmin » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:17 pm

I had someone ask me this question today: What do all the little icons next to posts mean?

I thought I would cover it for everyone.

Forums

Each forum has a different subject that it covers, and is made up of individual topics.

A forum that has no unread posts (you've read through everything) shows up blue:

A forum that has new posts in it that you have not yet red shows up red:

A forum that has at least one subforum (i.e. our GL1800 forum also contains a GL1800 DIY forum) shows a small circle in the corner as well:

Topics

Topics are contained inside a forum, and are made up of individual posts.

A regular topic is a blue circle with lines inside of it. This is a topic that you have already read, and no new posts have been made since you last read it:

If a topic has had new posts made in it since you last read it, it will be shown in red instead of blue:

If you have written at least one post in the topic (including having started the topic), a small star will show in the top right:

A topic that is very popular (getting a lot of reads and/or posts) changes from lines to fire:

And of course, if the popular topic has new posts since you read it last, and you have made at least one post, it will show red, with a star in the corner:

A topic that has been moved from the forum you're currently in into a different forum has a small arrow:

Topics that are "sticky" - which means they always show up at the top of the list have a different symbol:

And lastly, topics that are information topics, like this one, show up with an small "i" in the circle: