Hartco Custom Seat

Motorcycle related items for sale or wanted
gaptrick
Motorcycle: 2008 GL1800

Hartco Custom Seat

Post by gaptrick »

To all the friends I'll not have the fortune of meeting...

Here's my terribly sad story...

20 years ago I sat on a wing and vowed to myself that when the day comes the kids are grown, life smooth's out and I have some expendable income I WILL be the owner of what I consider to be the greatest motorcycle of all. Well wouldn't you know it, my wish comes true. I end up winning an absolute beauty in an auction on EBay... for a song too mind you.

The bike of my life is delivered, rolled off the truck and the driver sweeps his hand like he's a model on the Price is Right and says well here it is! YOUR BRAND NEW TO YOU 2008 HONDA GOLDWING AUDIO COMFORT GL1800!!!! IMAGINE MY EXCITMENT!!!

I GET ON FOR MY FIRST SPIN AND low and behold!!!

I. CAN'T. GET. TO .THE BOARDS... MY. LEGS. DON'T. BENT. THIS. WAY. ANYMORE.

I now find the past 20 years have, unbeknownst to me, taken their toll on my knees and hips. Not being a QUITTER, I sink time and treasure into this bike to make it fit me. Nothing worked. I simply can't put everything attached to me comfortably behind that tremendously beautiful horizontal 6 power plant... I come to the realization that I can not join the one club I've wanted to be in all this time, and trade my beloved, still a virgin to me, in for a VTX.

This leaves me with a custom Hartco seat that was on the bike for just under SIX MILES. The seat moves your butt back a full 3 inches from the OEM seat position and comes with a detachable back rest, back seat cover for the back and the filler cushion. in order to gain the 3 inches for the drivers butt, there is a loss of space for the passenger, so that's the trade off here.

Its in perfect condition and I'm looking to get $800 OBO plus shipping from my $1300 investment. No one ever said I was a sharp businessman. The thing is packed up and ready to ship. If there is an interest let me know and I'll rip it back open and take pictures.

So to all of you riding your GOLDWINGS...If you pass an old man out there whose putting down the road on a bright yellow VTX1800... the tear in his eye is for what could have been, but wasn't in his cards... sniff...sniff...

am3098
Motorcycle: 2010 Candy Caliente Red GL1800

Re: Hartco Custom Seat

Post by am3098 »

Hello,

Left you a PM.
A.J. Musial