Wanted Nolan n-com MCS II Helmet Head Set

Motorcycle related items for sale or wanted
OldRider2
Motorcycle: 2001 Honda Goldwing GL1800

Wanted Nolan n-com MCS II Helmet Head Set

Post by OldRider2 »

I have a Nolan N43 helmet, that I finally added a "NOS", Nolan n-com MCS II headset and microphone system to last year. I used it a few times last year and it worked fine but the headsets wouldn't work this year and it looks like the little plastic 5 pin board that is in the Micro USB Connector on the board has a broken "board" (?) inside because it wiggles around. I had a hard time getting the cord in and I probably pushed to hard and the board broke. This small circuit board actually is normally enclosed but I took it out of its plastic housing to troubleshoot it. The connector points down from the inside of the helmet so the umbilical cord can attach from the helmet to the bike.

Does anyone out there have an old Nolan n-com system I could buy? My bike is a 2001 GL1800 and it uses a standard Nolan n-com cable for that year bike that has a male Micro USB connector on one end and a 5 Pin Din (?) on the other going to the bike.
Attachments

tamathumper
Motorcycle: 2003 GL1800A

Re: Wanted Nolan n-com MCS II Helmet Head Set

Post by tamathumper »

Yep, can tell from the malformed connector on the board that the cable was jammed into it upside down. It's toast.
'03 GL1800A - Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Sense of humor not found on line 2