Stage 4 cancer - gotta let my baby go

Motorcycle related items for sale or wanted
Aging Together
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100 Interstate

Stage 4 cancer - gotta let my baby go

Post by Aging Together »

82 GL1100i, wine-berry red, AM/FM/Intercom, Drag Specialties chrome, Markland floorboards. I am doing well with chemo but am afraid my riding days are done. And YES, it breaks my heart to know my GL has got to go, but the reality is I'm no longer able to ride, and I hate to see it waste away in the back of the garage, where it's been for several years now. New tires, new battery, newly rebuilt front fork seals, inspected timing belt at the shop who installed most recent tire - looks good. Needs work but runs strong and clean even though it's high miles (I can't say how high because the speedo cable was disconnected a while ago - one of the things I was going to work on before I got sick). Before it went into the back of the garage, it started right up, no choke, and ran clean - no smoke. It's a project to be sure and I'll take what I can get for her within reason. It's been in Orange County, CA it's entire life, so weather hasn't affected it. Any interest? I can get it out of the garage and get you some as-is pics, and there are a few already on my page here at GWD. Thanks!

martyfair227
Motorcycle: 2002 Goldwing GL1800

Re: Stage 4 cancer - gotta let my baby go

Post by martyfair227 »

Hey buddy hang in there and hold your head up high and pray, pray to God to take that cancer away! I was stage 4 ALL leukemia and I went through a bone marrow transplant ,and cancer came back after a year and a half! So I took another type of chemo, and it knocked out the cancer and I've been cancer free for 2 1/2 years, so you can get rid of it! But you will have a long road ahead of you but you can do it. Have a good one and prayers will be sent your way! Thanks Marty
"Big bird"
Aging Together
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100 Interstate

Post by Aging Together »

Thanks for the good thoughts and I'm with you 100%. Been taking heavy chemo and radiation since January and so far the news is encouraging. BUT, I lost 80 pounds in the process. Feeling good though and am grateful for everyone who sends the positive message, such as you have. Continued healing to you as well.
Me and my '82...had it since it was new...so we're "Aging together!"
tamathumper
Motorcycle: 2003 GL1800A

Post by tamathumper »

Glad you're still with us. Fight like a sumbitch.

'03 GL1800A - Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Sense of humor not found on line 2