Selling: GW1100

Motorcycle related items for sale or wanted
Jake1100
Motorcycle: 1982 GoldWing 1100

Selling: GW1100

Post by Jake1100 »

Selling my '82 GL1100. It has 55K on it and brand new tires front & rear. I bought the bike about 4 years ago, put a new battery in it, took a trip from Cols, Oh to Nashville, Tn - ran great. Got home and after a bit it began to have sluggish acceleration. Took it to local factory-trained Honda guy w/ lots of experience - tells me that the fuel system that adjusts fuel flow/pressure/etc (not the fuel pump - vaccuum advance?) tends to go bad on these bikes and Honda does not support them with new parts - so - only hope is find a used one. I got busy, bike got parked and left alone. Started from time to time. Now, it's time for me to move and need to get this bike to a new home. Here's the details of the bike: 50K: left cylinder head (bolt got dropped down spark plug hole previously, timing belt & K&S Brake Caliper Seal Kit; 51K: oil/filter change, radiator flush, new water pipe O-rings, new radiator cap, Metzeler ME88 Marathon Front tire, front brake seal/piston, new brake fluid. Bike is black with a Saddleman aftermarket 2-stage seat. It also comes with a stereo system that was not installed - PO didn't get to it and I don't like a radio on a bike. Antenna is installed. Of course I'd like to get as much as I can for the bike - have over $2000 in it, but understand these bikes have not held their value. I see them selling for around $700.00 - which would be great at this point. Want to sell soon d/t moving.

gwan2cruz
Motorcycle: 1983 Interstate, 1983 Standard, 1982 Aspencade

Re: Selling: GW1100

Post by gwan2cruz »

I sent you a private message and wondered if this was still for sale?

Thank you.