Salvage - 1999 Apsencade with brand new Saddlemen Seat/Windshield

Motorcycle related items for sale or wanted
zeoran
Motorcycle: 1999 GL1500A, 2002 Honda ST1100, 1982 Honda Interstate (sold)

Salvage - 1999 Apsencade with brand new Saddlemen Seat/Windshield

Post by zeoran »

I was recently in an accident on my 99 Aspencade (yet another person making an illegal right-hand turn, cutting me off which turned into felony hit & run) literally the weekend after I put on a brand new Clearview windshield & less than a month after putting on a brand new custom-made Saddlemen seat with matching stitching. It has about 84,000 miles on it, I've taken VERY good care of her, she's been garaged her entire life. Air filter was recently refreshed, oil changed, brakes were completely redone with new fluid, all but one brake cable (front-left) were replaced with braided steel lines. I had just put on new grommets to hold the side covers on with. I have a dozen brand new relays, the kind sold here that I hadn't gotten a chance to install yet. The tires are high-end touring ($600) and less than a year old. Heated grips, luggage rack even a tow hitch with a custom-made cooler to put on it. Passenger armrests with cup holder, Garmin GPS unit, the works.

The insurance is going to total the bike. I can buy it back from them as salvage for $2,600 plus taxes/fees, which will likely come out around $3,000. I don't have the time/money/facilities to bring her back to full condition again. But I wanted to put this out there in case there was someone who was interested in doing it themselves before I just have them take her away & put her in a scrap yard.
There's damage to the front forks (wheel is just fine with new'ish tires) Most of the damage is to the cosmetic plastic pieces. There's a link to my Google Drive where all the pictures are located. If you need a specific picture, please let me know.

I've only got a few days before I need to make up my mind, so a few days for this to be up & someone else to snag her. If you're willing to cover the $3,000 to cover the cost to get her back from the insurance & have her towed/transported to you, then I'd love for someone to take over ownership of her that would care about her. Other than the damage from the accident (mostly the left-side from where she hit the pavement) she's in great condition, all original cherry-red paint/accessories.

Once this is all done & I'm finished healing from the 5 rib fractures I got for my trouble, I'll be looking for a newer Goldwing to acquire, preferably blue. My only hiccup is that starting in 2001, Honda started drastically changing the styling & ever-increasingly shrinking the trunk/saddlebag space, which kills me. I'm a total packrat, so I want as much space as I can get my hands on. I was using every square inch I had with this 99 Goldwing with its massive trunk & saddlebags. I'd like to find something 2006 or newer but again, I'm worried about the storage space.

God bless,

~Mark

Rambozo
Motorcycle: 1992 GL1500 Aspencade
Ducati Monster

Re: Salvage - 1999 Apsencade with brand new Saddlemen Seat/Windshield

Post by Rambozo »

Your insurance bumped their head for $3000 with damaged plastics.
The plastics are the major cost and value of the bike.

Honda finally upped the storage in 2021 and there are oversize saddle bag lids for the 2018-2023. There is a larger trunk lid but I'm not sure what years it fits. 2018-????
I still don't think it's as big as the 1500, but pretty close. Not being able to put two fullface helmets in the trunk of the 1800 kept me away.
zeoran
Motorcycle: 1999 GL1500A, 2002 Honda ST1100, 1982 Honda Interstate (sold)

Re: Salvage - 1999 Apsencade with brand new Saddlemen Seat/Windshield

Post by zeoran »

Unfortunately, there's no way I'll be able to afford a 2021 Goldwing as a replacement. I'm not sure what I'll be able to afford yet. I've been living paycheck-to-paycheck my entire life, no wife/gf, just me as a single parent for most of it. (my son is finally grown & on his own-sort of) I only paid $4,500 for the 99 Aspencade when I bought her. I was hoping to get a 2000 SE that was a beautiful blue, but it got sold before I could see it. And right now, my focus has been on finding a used SUV/sedan to replace my very, very aging & very, VERY broken down 2002 Hyundai XG350XL. After I have that secured, I'll be able to get an idea for how much I can throw at a new/used bike again.

I just would rather see my baby get bought by someone who's willing to put in the time/effort/money into bringing her back to full health rather than collecting rust in a junkyard somewhere or stripped for parts.