Goldwing Service Shops in the LA / Orange County area.


Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-2017)
Post Reply
User avatar
Fuzzyt
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:49 am
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Motorcycle: 2014 GL1800

Goldwing Service Shops in the LA / Orange County area.

Post by Fuzzyt » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:04 pm



JBJ Cycles in Santa Ana was always my go to shop when needing service my wing that I couldn't do. Now that they are no longer around do any of you so cal riders have a trustworthy shop that you have been using ? Appreciate any info this way. . .
FT



User avatar
joeincalif
Posts: 797
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:39 am
Location: Fresno, Ca
Motorcycle: 1997 Gold Wing SE

Re: Goldwing Service Shops in the LA / Orange County area.

Post by joeincalif » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:34 am

It's not real close to you but when I lived in So Cal I used Highland cycle. You can call and make an appointment, depending on what you need done you can wait for the work to be completed. They work on all year wings.
Address: 27437 W 5th St #8,
Highland, CA 92346
(909) 862-8546
Hours:⋅ Opens 8AM Tue









Phone: (909) 862-8546
Image
IF YOUR BORN ONCE YOU WILL DIE TWICE
IF YOUR BORN TWICE YOU WILL DIE ONCE

User avatar
Fuzzyt
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:49 am
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Motorcycle: 2014 GL1800

Re: Goldwing Service Shops in the LA / Orange County area.

Post by Fuzzyt » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:20 pm

Thanks Joe, appreciate the info.

User avatar
Fuzzyt
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:49 am
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Motorcycle: 2014 GL1800

Re: Goldwing Service Shops in the LA / Orange County area.

Post by Fuzzyt » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:27 pm

Bit of news here, Highland Cycles has closed up. Just have to keep on looking. . .

User avatar
MikeB
Posts: 2856
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Tacoma, WA
Motorcycle: 1998 - GL1500 Aspencade.
2017 - GL1800 Audio Comfort
Contact:

Re: Goldwing Service Shops in the LA / Orange County area.

Post by MikeB » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:09 pm

Is Huntington Beach Honda not a good place to go? I bought a 2017 there this last August. I know nothing about their service department.
MikeB
Tacoma, WA, USA

User avatar
newday777
Posts: 1604
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:21 pm
Location: Milford NH summer/fall & Oceanside, CA winters(N San Diego) with lots of miles riden between
Motorcycle: 2008 Cabernet Red. Level 4

1983 GL1100A Wineberry 36,000 miles

1975 CB750 K5 Planet Blue 7,800 miles

1976 CB750 K6 Anterris Red 25,000 miles

Past rides
1999A Restored from PO neglect & sold at 19,000 miles

1999SE Totaled by cager at 105,000 miles

Re: Goldwing Service Shops in the LA / Orange County area.

Post by newday777 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:34 am

Highland Cycles closed a year ago.

joeincalif wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:34 am
It's not real close to you but when I lived in So Cal I used Highland cycle. You can call and make an appointment, depending on what you need done you can wait for the work to be completed. They work on all year wings.
Address: 27437 W 5th St #8,
Highland, CA 92346
(909) 862-8546
Hours:⋅ Opens 8AM Tue









Phone: (909) 862-8546

User avatar
newday777
Posts: 1604
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:21 pm
Location: Milford NH summer/fall & Oceanside, CA winters(N San Diego) with lots of miles riden between
Motorcycle: 2008 Cabernet Red. Level 4

1983 GL1100A Wineberry 36,000 miles

1975 CB750 K5 Planet Blue 7,800 miles

1976 CB750 K6 Anterris Red 25,000 miles

Past rides
1999A Restored from PO neglect & sold at 19,000 miles

1999SE Totaled by cager at 105,000 miles

Re: Goldwing Service Shops in the LA / Orange County area.

Post by newday777 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:45 am

I can't say who in the LA/OC area is capable to work on wings now.
What is it you need done?
Herm at Escondido Cycle Center is the one to go to (until he decides to retire). I've known him for 10 years now, became good friends with him as I do my own work. He is the one other dealers send transmission problem bikes to repair in all of the San Diego County, he's been working on wings the past 25 years.

User avatar
joeincalif
Posts: 797
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:39 am
Location: Fresno, Ca
Motorcycle: 1997 Gold Wing SE

Re: Goldwing Service Shops in the LA / Orange County area.

Post by joeincalif » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:16 am

newday777 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:34 am
Highland Cycles closed a year ago.

joeincalif wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:34 am
It's not real close to you but when I lived in So Cal I used Highland cycle. You can call and make an appointment, depending on what you need done you can wait for the work to be completed. They work on all year wings.
Address: 27437 W 5th St #8,
Highland, CA 92346
(909) 862-8546
Hours:⋅ Opens 8AM Tue



I moved to Fresno about a year and a half ago, I didn't know the closed.





Phone: (909) 862-8546
Image
IF YOUR BORN ONCE YOU WILL DIE TWICE
IF YOUR BORN TWICE YOU WILL DIE ONCE

User avatar
Fuzzyt
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:49 am
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Motorcycle: 2014 GL1800

Re: Goldwing Service Shops in the LA / Orange County area.

Post by Fuzzyt » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:37 pm

Huntington Beach Honda is an ok shop, they did the brake recall on my 2014 but I had to go back after to correct it.
My wing developed the dreaded deceleration wobble in the front end about 4/5 months ago. I attributed it to needing tires as I had 15+k on the set. ( OEM Bridgestones ) I had the tires replaced 2 weeks ago by a shop in Irvine and at the same time installed a set of Centramatic Balancers. I went with the stones again as I liked their performance. I will tell you that the bike is smoother than ever but ( yep ) still have the wobble but very much improved. I can remove my hands from the bars at 40mph and let it decelerate and as it passes 35 I'll get a slight shimmy in the bars that quickly stops as you near 30. So the tires and balancers took care of, lets call it 95% but it nags me that I still have that wobble however minimized it is. I'm now considering the steering head bearings ( going with the tapered ) as well as the Traxion front suspension upgrade hence the search for a mechanic that can do the work and do it right. I'll give Herm a call at Escondido Cycles so thanks for that tip.

User avatar
newday777
Posts: 1604
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:21 pm
Location: Milford NH summer/fall & Oceanside, CA winters(N San Diego) with lots of miles riden between
Motorcycle: 2008 Cabernet Red. Level 4

1983 GL1100A Wineberry 36,000 miles

1975 CB750 K5 Planet Blue 7,800 miles

1976 CB750 K6 Anterris Red 25,000 miles

Past rides
1999A Restored from PO neglect & sold at 19,000 miles

1999SE Totaled by cager at 105,000 miles

Re: Goldwing Service Shops in the LA / Orange County area.

Post by newday777 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:44 pm

New tires get rid of the decel wobbles until the cupping starts again after 3,000-8,000 miles depending on how bad the steering bearings are.
Fuzzyt wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:37 pm
Huntington Beach Honda is an ok shop, they did the brake recall on my 2014 but I had to go back after to correct it.
My wing developed the dreaded deceleration wobble in the front end about 4/5 months ago. I attributed it to needing tires as I had 15+k on the set. ( OEM Bridgestones ) I had the tires replaced 2 weeks ago by a shop in Irvine and at the same time installed a set of Centramatic Balancers. I went with the stones again as I liked their performance. I will tell you that the bike is smoother than ever but ( yep ) still have the wobble but very much improved. I can remove my hands from the bars at 40mph and let it decelerate and as it passes 35 I'll get a slight shimmy in the bars that quickly stops as you near 30. So the tires and balancers took care of, lets call it 95% but it nags me that I still have that wobble however minimized it is. I'm now considering the steering head bearings ( going with the tapered ) as well as the Traxion front suspension upgrade hence the search for a mechanic that can do the work and do it right. I'll give Herm a call at Escondido Cycles so thanks for that tip.

User avatar
joeincalif
Posts: 797
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:39 am
Location: Fresno, Ca
Motorcycle: 1997 Gold Wing SE

Re: Goldwing Service Shops in the LA / Orange County area.

Post by joeincalif » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:39 am

Herm at Escondido Cycle center has been there a long time and has a great reputation for working on Gold Wings. When Rick had his shop, wingstuff in Orange County it was a great place to go. But like all good things, it no longer has a service department that I know of.
You might want to contact them and get a recommendation from them for a good service place
WingStuff.com
185 Avenida La Pata
San Clemente, CA 92673
United States
Customer Service: (949) 454-2199
Image
IF YOUR BORN ONCE YOU WILL DIE TWICE
IF YOUR BORN TWICE YOU WILL DIE ONCE

User avatar
Fuzzyt
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:49 am
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Motorcycle: 2014 GL1800

Re: Goldwing Service Shops in the LA / Orange County area.

Post by Fuzzyt » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:15 pm

Yes I knew that Wingstuff no longer had a service dept. I would have used them otherwise for the tire replacement. I did buy the centramatic's from them and asked if they had a recommended shop but the person I spoke with told me that they do not recommend any shops. So I think for now I'll just rack up some miles on the new tires and see how the wobble plays out. As I previously said, the bike is smooth and handling great, just that little bit of " Nag " on the decel at 35.
Thanks for all the replies, ride safe. . .



Post Reply