First time posters, say hello!

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
280slbuff
Motorcycle: 2007 Honda Goldwing 1800

Re: First time posters, say hello!

Post by 280slbuff » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:11 pm

first time poster - i do meet the nicest people on Honda Goldwings. Indians, Kawasakis, Suzukis, Victory Legends, Slingshots, BMWs and Can Am Spyders and selected Harley Riders - all on two wheels crowd are friendly types who appreciate fellowship with other riders.
I am 79 yrs old, ride a 2007 Honda Goldwing 1800 and am itching to test ride the 2018 Go;dwing DCT- reports are uniformly positive including some from die hard Harley riders.
How long do I plan to ride yet//// for many years as time, interest and health permits.

Ashleespapa
Motorcycle: 2005 Honda Goldwing

Post by Ashleespapa » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:59 pm

Hi all. New user on the site. I have a 2005 1800 GW. Bought it brand new. I am now located in the Ozarks of North Arkansas. I previously spent 3 years in the Corpus Christi TX area. The way things worked out down there I only got to ride a few times. Then Hurricane Harvey came along. I now have a rusted, non running Goldwing that has to be fixed. Can’t afford to put it in the shop so I’ll be fixing it myself. Big problem is it won’t start. Turns over good, but won’t start. Thinking a gas problem. Haven’t been able to find my Climers GW manual yet. I said all that to say this.....How do you drain the gas out of this thing? Is there a fuel filter on it that I haven’t been able to find?

buckt
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Aspencade

Post by buckt » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:31 pm

Hello, I'm Mark and have watched your threads for some time but just joined. I have a 1993 1500A that I just replaced the engine on. Bought one on Ebay with 1/2 the miles on my original. Had a 1982 1100 before this one. I have been i love with a wing since 1986. I am having a problem that I hope someone out there can help me with. As I said I just replaced my engine and have a problem with the brake light. I have no brake light. I have checked the bulbs, switches, fuse, and relay. All are good. The real kicker is that I have had it twice where I removed and reinserted the fuse and had my brake light only to have it gone again when I turned the key off and on. I hope someone would have an insight as to something I have missed.

Thanks in advance.

bow61509
Motorcycle: 1988 gl1500 Aspencade

Post by bow61509 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:51 pm

Hi first time poster here. Not new to forums by any means. I just picked up my first Goldwing yesterday! 1988 GL1500 with 122xxx on the ticker. She runs like a dream and everything to my knowledge works as it should. I've had many bikes through the years and this is my first big bike, wanted to get something comfortable for me and the wife. This machine fits the bill and the price was right. Picked it up for 2200 including matching trailer. I can honestly say this machine will surprise you, handles not so much like a land yacht, very nimble for it's size! just ordered timing belts, tune up stuff, fluids etc. will be going through it completely in the next couple weeks. I have already found tons of useful information on here just poking around for a few minutes! My father in law picked up a GL1800 a couple weeks ago and I fell in love with his so naturally I had to keep up with the old man and now we are here, fantastic machines they are!