Gary's Hobby Shop, GA

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-2017)
  • Sponsored Links
GoldWingrGreg
Motorcycle: 89 GL1500
03 GL1800
04 GL1800(abs)
05 GL1800(abs)
07 GL1800(abs)

Gary's Hobby Shop, GA

Post by GoldWingrGreg » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:02 am

I knew Gary by phone. He'd often call for GL1800 advice, and I'd call him with trike questions. I talked with him last week, and in spite of his illness, and him knowing that he was dying, he was just as spunky as ever. I'll truly miss him.

When I called last week, he was in the middle of a trike build that he didn't have the strength to finish. He said the next day CSC was sending 3 guys down to finish it for him. A big shout out to them

I received this email last night.

In the early morning hours of July 5th, Gary passed away due to a short battle with cancer. In the last few days, although his pain was being managed with medication, he was still the same down-to-earth person that we all knew and loved. He will be very sadly missed by all who knew him, but most especially Barbara and their family. Please convey this message to anyone that knew Gary.

A services will be held at Haisten’s Funeral Home, 1745 S. Zack Hinton Pkwy, McDonough, GA 30253 on Sunday July 15th. Visitation will be from Noon till 2:00PM, at 2:00PM there will be a memorial service where guests may speak. All GWRRA members are urged to attend on their bikes or trikes, with your chapter attire.

Anyone that has a trike that was built by Gary is particularly encouraged to attend with their trike. It was Gary’s wish to have as many of his creations gathered together for the memorial.

Following the service, there will be a motorcycle procession from the Funeral Home to Gary’s Hobbie Shop, 411 Crumbley Road, McDonough, Georgia 30252.
Attachments