Crater Lake Oregon in late August

Reports and stories from trips, planning of gatherings, questions about how to get there!
  • Sponsored Links
coke43
Motorcycle: 2014 GL1800

Crater Lake Oregon in late August

Post by coke43 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:52 am

This year's big trip is centered around Crater Lake and the Oregon coast then the Columbia Gorge the last week of August. I see online there are no close places to stay available at Crater Lake, any insight on non-mainstream (online) accommodations? Also, any specific favorite spots along the coast? And last, favorite spots at the gorge? I'm taking 4 days to get from Ohio to Eureka Ca., :arrow: no time for much sightseeing on the way :( . 2 days in California, 6 days in Oregon then head for home. Looks like a month would not be enough time but all we have is a week.
I certainly covet any and all facts and opinions :D
Eric

James 1:2-3 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.

GWHondaHog
Motorcycle: 2010 GL1800 Goldwing

Re: Crater Lake Oregon in late August

Post by GWHondaHog » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:21 pm

Check around Diamond Lake ; there are a few choices that are reasonable. Busy time of yr so resv. advised. Not far from Crater Lake.[check MapQuest for choices] NOTE: Take plenty of insect repellent (mosquitoes) with lots of Deets - top of Crater Lake is lousy with mosquitoes. Multnomha Falls a must see in the Gorge. Hood River for Oregon wine. You can't help but enjoy your trip!