Request For Pictures

Information and questions on GL1000 Goldwings (1975-1979)
  • Sponsored Links
landisr
Motorcycle: 1976 GL1000
1976 GL1000LTD
1994 GL1500A

Request For Pictures

Post by landisr » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:34 am

Hi, Gang. When someone has a spare moment, could you please post a pic or two of the area inside the left side shelter panel, and also the area by the battery?

I am now up to my elbows, seemingly literally, extracting a myriad of accessories from my recently acquired 76 LTD. It is at least as bad as I anticipated. The wiring is a total disaster. I have a Honda service manual and a color coded wiring diagram, which I am referencing. So far I have removed the auxiliary rear turn signals, the onboard compressor (I reverted to manual adjustment ala later Interstates), the aftermarket brake light system, and a faulty Priority Lites module, and have returned the turn signals to a stock configuration except for being relocated due to the Krauser bags. I have been slowly working my way forward, disconnecting obvious non-oem wiring and components. I have removed yards of 40 year old electrical tape (sticky and messy) and yards of 40 year old duct tape in the fairing (sticky, stiff and when broke loose creates lots of white dust). I have identified at least 8 cabling bundles going into the fairing. There are fiber optic cables, air lines for the Air Command system, a coax cable for the CB antenna, and miles of 'creative' wiring in the fairing and around the shelter areas, and spidering around the bike, and the mess around the battery was downright scary. I immediately disconnected as much non-stock cabling at the battery posts as possible, but still would like to see what these areas are supposed to at least look like.

Thanks in advance. I will post some pix of what I'm up against tomorrow. I'm done for today.

Ron

Beam me up, Scotty. There's no intelligent life down here.

landisr
1976 GL1000LTD
1994 GL1500A

Re: Request For Pictures

Post by landisr » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:03 am

My challenge (besides the obvious mental ones)...
Attachments

rudolphwolven
Motorcycle: 1975 GL1000 K1

Post by rudolphwolven » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:39 pm

May be this can help.........with your tremendous difficult job..........I hope you have a good insurance against mental illness..........?

I further more hope that you have some possibility or help to enlarge the pictures more than solely by one "double-click"..........the details are fantastic then.

Pictures are from the restoration of a 1975 GL1000 K1.........

Regards, Ruud

ATTENTION: Quite a number of pictures were doubled (tripled ???)........I tried to adjust but (fortunately only this time) lost control of the process to ad, eliminate and publish pictures........finally I therefore decided to let it be in the last stage in order to prevent the elimination of picture that are of value to you..........sorry

Attachments

Proud winner of the NGWClub-USA contest Bike of the Year 2016--Image

landisr
1976 GL1000LTD
1994 GL1500A

Post by landisr » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:19 pm

Thanks very much, Ruud. Nice pictures, nice project, excellent results.

I see have lots more work to do, as there are discrepancies with my bike. Back to the drawing boards. 😊

Thanks again. Ron