CSC Escapade Air Shocks Leak?

Information, ideas, experiences and help with camping, pulling a trailer and roughing it on your Goldwing
  • Sponsored Links
Ray&Paula
Motorcycle: 2004 Honda GL1800 Lehman Trike

CSC Escapade Air Shocks Leak?

Post by Ray&Paula » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:16 am

Hi, I have a 2004 CSC Escapade trailer which I purchased new back in 2004. I have a slow air leak somewhere and can't find it in the oem Progressive air shock lines. I tightened the lines and checked all the fittings and valve stem with soap & water....... nothing. I'm hoping that it's not a shock seal issue, but it's starting to look that way. If its the Progressive shocks, I heard that they are around $400.00 for a pair new......... Yikes! Maybe they can be rebuilt, if not I may have to look for an alternative. Have you experienced this problem? If so, did you find a fix? Any help and/or thoughts would be most appreciated. Thanks, Ray

Ray&Paula

Re: CSC Escapade Air Shocks Leak?

Post by Ray&Paula » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:01 am

I received an email back last night from Progressive in which I asked them the following questions;
1) How can I tell what the actual air shock part number is?
2) Does Progressive offer any instructions for rebuilding?
3) Do you carry the air lines, connectors, etc.?

Response from Progressive;
Hi Ray,
We offer a rebuild kit for 26.00 but we are out right now. You can do it yourself. If your shocks are out of the year warranty, we do not rebuild them any longer. For the airlines, we sell them, but there is about a month lead time right now.  
If there is not a sticker on the shock with the part #, you will have to call CSC. I need the part # of the shock to give you the connectors, and tubing you need. I have attached the instructions.
We do not have fitment for trailers, we sell CSC a private label shock, so give them the model of trailer to see if they offer it.

I'm a little concerned about part availability and/or shock replacement. I.M.O. it's a little odd to have everything on back order. I'm going to contact CSC for a response. Hopefully there is another shock out there for us CSC owner's for an alternative. If there is, I haven't heard of it. Personally, I wouldn't mind an adjustable shock without air.

Ray&Paula

Post by Ray&Paula » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:36 pm

Wow...... Nobody????

MikeB
Motorcycle: 1998 - GL1500 Aspencade.
2003 - GL1800A

Post by MikeB » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:18 pm

You received lots of advise on the GL1800 board. I added my two cents worth as well. What is the outcome so far of your search for answers?
Did you order any rebuild kits for the shocks? I ordered a set and received them last week.
MikeB
Tacoma, WA, USA

Ray&Paula

Post by Ray&Paula » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:33 am

MikeB wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:18 pm
You received lots of advise on the GL1800 board. I added my two cents worth as well. What is the outcome so far of your search for answers?
Did you order any rebuild kits for the shocks? I ordered a set and received them last week.
Hi Mike,
Yes, I received great advise from you as well as others on the other forum. The air line kits are available but, I haven't found the re-build kits. Could you tell me where you received your from? Thanks for a; your help and advise. Ray :)

MikeB
Motorcycle: 1998 - GL1500 Aspencade.
2003 - GL1800A

Post by MikeB » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:02 am

I sent you a private message Ray.

Dang, I see I spelled ADVICE wrong yesterday. Oh well.

MikeB
Tacoma, WA, USA