Just wanted to know - warranty issue

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-2017)
  • Sponsored Links
knotjohnson
Motorcycle: 2015 GL1800 Audio Comfort

Just wanted to know - warranty issue

Post by knotjohnson » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:17 pm

What is the warranty issue with Honda and heal/toe shifters? Does it apply to extended warranty?

tfdeputydawg
Motorcycle: 06 Wing III/2010 Hannigan

Re: Just wanted to know - warranty issue

Post by tfdeputydawg » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:54 pm

Mother Honda claims bent/worn shifter forks + "other" tranny failures can be caused by "hard" sifting with heel/toe shifters.
Yes, it applies to extended warranty also.

joeincalif
Motorcycle: 1997 Gold Wing SE

Re: Just wanted to know - warranty issue

Post by joeincalif » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:50 am

I have heard that some Honda shops will not do warranty work if you have a trailer hitch, they say Honda will void the warranty if you have a hitch. I haven't seen that, it is just what I heard. If the shop wants the money they will fix it and not say anything about the hitch when they turn the repair order to Honda for warranty work
Honda will find any reason to not fix something under warranty. Several Honda's came stock with a heel toe shifter, of course not the Gold Wing. My VTX had it and so did my 1998 VT1100T, I'm sure there are some other that had it also. I have heard of people taking the heel toe shifter off before they bring the bike in for tranny problems, I would not advise doing that or would I do it, just something I heard on the internet, and if it is on the internet it has to be true!!
IF YOUR BORN ONCE YOU WILL DIE TWICE
IF YOUR BORN TWICE YOU WILL DIE ONCE