Parking Fuse ?

Information and questions on GL1100 Goldwings (1980-1983)
  • Sponsored Links
hummbird
Motorcycle: 1982 gl1100a aspencade

Parking Fuse ?

Post by hummbird » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:34 pm

what does the fuse marked (Parking ) do or does it not do anything, i have tested mine and with key on or off there is no current on either end of the fuse. Also is the fuse marked Acc. just an extra fuse or is it connected to something ? And one marked (Head) what is that for ? I also noticed that the fuse marked ( Turn Cancel/Tail/Meterlamp ) is getting hot on the end where the current enters the fuse , any idesa on that would help too. i am going to change the fuse block it is in bad shape and that may be why that fuse is getting hot.

DaveO430
Motorcycle: 2010 GL1800
2004 Suzuki DR200

Re: Parking Fuse ?

Post by DaveO430 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:18 pm

hummbird wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:34 pm
what does the fuse marked (Parking ) do or does it not do anything, i have tested mine and with key on or off there is no current on either end of the fuse. Also is the fuse marked Acc. just an extra fuse or is it connected to something ? And one marked (Head) what is that for ? I also noticed that the fuse marked ( Turn Cancel/Tail/Meterlamp ) is getting hot on the end where the current enters the fuse , any idesa on that would help too. i am going to change the fuse block it is in bad shape and that may be why that fuse is getting hot.
The parking fuse is hot with the switch in the park position, turns on the tail light. "Head" is headlights. Where something gets hot, it's a bad connection.