Work planned over this winter

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
GillesGLW
Motorcycle: 1989 GL 1500

Work planned over this winter

Post by GillesGLW » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:06 pm

Greetings from Switzerland!

First of all, I would like to apologies this long silence. Life has been complicated over 2018, but hopefully family is safe and sound and I am still alive.

I figured out that I've been missing riding my bike but more important, I was missing working on it.
I can't complain, it's still very nice to ride a goldwing, but brakes are a bit soft, handling is not so good, there a noises here and there...

So I decided to go for a full service over winter. Brakes have been done 2 years ago, but I'm still not happy with the rear one. So I will take once again everything down and take my time to make them work as I expect. Clutch will be changed, I feel that its behavior is not as when I bought the bike. Fork oil will be changed, been there for... I don't know how long.

Rest is ok, but I will take the time to take the bodywork down and re-mount it, making sure that everything is perfectly fitting.

As you can see, nothing major as my carbs are still perfectly running well, electricity is fine and engine is amazing.

I just feel the need to get back to my bike and litteraly "go inside it". There is nothing better than having the bike in pieces and taking the time to mount it piece by piece, slowly, enjoying this mechanical piece of art.

Take care,
Gilles