Huge shout out to an amazing guy! Rednaxs60

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Daveblaster2
Motorcycle: 1985 Honda GL1200LE Gold Wing Limited Edition- Buell Thunderbolt S3T-Yamaha XV920 Virago-, Honda CB700SC Nighthawk S

Huge shout out to an amazing guy! Rednaxs60

Post by Daveblaster2 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:45 am

I was at my absolute wits end. Done. My Holy Grail, 85 Limited Edition, the bike that when at 18 years old I knew i would never own, had me against the ropes. I couldnt ride more than a half hour at a time without the bike coughing and sputtering and leaving me stranded. The poor boy charging system was living up to its name...
I watched a YouTube video not long ago that essentially said one should never meet their childhood heros, drive their dream cars or marry the gorgeous centerfold. Well, I am with my centerfold model, grew up on the same street with, thankful every night i can lay next to her. Then 3 years ago my dream bike landed in my lap from completely out of the blue, blowing my mind wide open. My graduating year, 84, this Limited was slated to come out early 85, at 10K it was more money than i knew i would ever make in a lifetime. I got a job pre-delivery inspecting the Spree scooters at the local Honda dealership just so I could be closer to this beautiful machine. At the time the scooter craze was full tilt boogie. But I didnt want to just work on those little smoking conveyors of the person with a death wish. So I took my Nighthawk S and rode off into the sunset. Fast forward 30 some odd years to 2015. The Limited makes an appearance at exactly the right time at exactly the right right place with my thoughts that I would ever have one so far away its extraterrestrial. The good doctor lets me take it for a test ride. Head shake? I dont care, take my money. Cruise doesnt work, i dont care take my money. Master cylinder and calipers need rebuilt, i dont care , take my money. At 3K its an investment in my childhood. Well, after all the aformentioned concerns were worked on and worked out, this sputtering and coughing monster shows its ugly head. By now, my reality is not in a good place with my childhood memories. Its battle royale. Sell it,says reality. No, says memory. Junk it, says reality. Hell no!, yells memory. I am in danger of losing control over both those idiots. But then a Hero steps in from a forum site i stumble upon...
Rednaxs60. He talks all of us calmly down from the ledge, puts us on a guided path of patience and understanding and after several dozen emails and attachments, and 3 very late nights, the Limited is up and running. Their is still much work work to be done. Some items were eliminated, some were added, but the bike can be ridden with voltage gremlins in check.
I have met my hero, and im better for it.
Thank you Ernest, Rednaxs60, be warm and safe and ride knowing you are the epitome of the Gentleman Motorcyclist.

quasi2008
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100I INTERSTATE

Re: Huge shout out to an amazing guy! Rednaxs60

Post by quasi2008 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:52 am

big writeup like that and you leave us all hanging by not telling us what the issue was! :lol:
man can't live on air alone!

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Post by WingAdmin » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:02 am

So glad to hear you got your bike running! And yes, let us know what the issue turned out to be!

Fiberthree
Motorcycle: Black 1999 GL1500SE

Post by Fiberthree » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:24 pm

Daveblaster2 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:45 am
I couldnt ride more than a half hour at a time without the bike coughing and sputtering and leaving me stranded. The poor boy charging system was living up to its name...
... but the bike can be ridden with voltage gremlins in check...
I Thought this was it. Was I wrong?

Ed

WARNING: All posts are subject to influence from an uncontrollable dominant sarcastic gene. Offensive remarks may or may not be intentional.