Fully Synthetic Oil???

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
coolrunning
Motorcycle: 1999 Honda GL1500A Goldwing Aspencade
50th Anniversary
1970 Honda 350SL (first love)

Re: Fully Synthetic Oil???

Post by coolrunning »

cbx4evr wrote:
rlsapp wrote:I have been using Mobile 1 fully synthetic oil. Now that the price of oil have increased, (with everything else) the oil changing has gotten expensive

What is the price of oil there?? I was in the USA last summer and nearly choked on how cheap oil was. I live 20 minutes from a huge oil refinery and we are paying $40+ for a 4 litre jug of Mobil 1.

Oil refineries have no influence on the price of synthetic lubricants. In fact, most oil refineries do not make lube oils at all. They are produced by small lubricant processing plants that are usually separate from the refineries. Synthetics are made in small chemical plants. Oil refineries make motor fuels, LPG, and asphalt.

Coolrunning

iridenxs
Motorcycle: 1999 GL1500 SE, 158,000 miles and running strong!!

Post by iridenxs »

I've been a faithful Honda brand oil user for years but I'm giving in. I'm switching to Rottella T6 full synthetic. It's jaso ma rated. I purchased a gallon jug today at a farm supply store for $17 for a gallon jug.

waynedudes
Motorcycle: 1994 GL1500 with CSC Trike conversion

Post by waynedudes »

I have switched to fully synthetic in cars and bike. I really do not see that it is that much more expensive. Cheapest price around here is at Walmart. Also, by using fully synthetic, I can safely go longer between oil changes.