78 GL1000 ignition clip location

Information and questions on GL1000 Goldwings (1975-1979)
  • Sponsored Links
TechSpeaker
Motorcycle: 1978 GL1000

78 GL1000 ignition clip location

Post by TechSpeaker » Mon May 27, 2019 5:43 pm

First off, some good news. I got my bike running for the first time since 2000 (at least that's when it was last registered, I got it about a year and a half ago.) I've replaced and fixed a lot of stuff. I'm super thankful for this community and all the help y'all have proved. Thank you!!

So, my question. The bike had a fairing when I got it, and I'm not going to reinstall it. However, the ignition switch has a plug and I honestly have no idea where it goes. At first I thought it connected to the junction box, but no. Can someone help me? I feel like I'm missing something very obvious...

SnoBrdr
Motorcycle: 1978 GL 1000

131K Original Owner

Re: 78 GL1000 ignition clip location

Post by SnoBrdr » Mon May 27, 2019 7:46 pm

TechSpeaker wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 5:43 pm
First off, some good news. I got my bike running for the first time since 2000 (at least that's when it was last registered, I got it about a year and a half ago.) I've replaced and fixed a lot of stuff. I'm super thankful for this community and all the help y'all have proved. Thank you!!

So, my question. The bike had a fairing when I got it, and I'm not going to reinstall it. However, the ignition switch has a plug and I honestly have no idea where it goes. At first I thought it connected to the junction box, but no. Can someone help me? I feel like I'm missing something very obvious...
Pictures would surely help.

This may just be the plug that went to the fairing.

TechSpeaker
Motorcycle: 1978 GL1000

Re: 78 GL1000 ignition clip location

Post by TechSpeaker » Mon May 27, 2019 11:47 pm

I don't think it is..? there was a nine pin connector for the fairing and this one is just the ignition switch... I'm pretty sure it doesn't go through the fairing. I can get some pictures tomorrow. Pictures would really help me too, lol, I've been scouring the Internet for a picture of that area and can't find one...