RAM Mount GDS Dock Handlebar Phone Mount

Reviews of Goldwing and motorcycle-related products and services
2003Cobra
Motorcycle: 2003 Goldwing GL1800 with a CSC Cobra trike kit.
1988 Harley Davidson Sportster
1985 Honda Saber VF1100 (Non-runner)

Re: RAM Mount GDS Dock Handlebar Mount

Post by 2003Cobra »

I also have the Tacfoam and have not had an issue. Mine came with the tether, just in case, but I have ridden over some pretty bumpy roads and the phone hasn't move at all. It is easy to take on and off even with the tether.

2003 Goldwing GL1800 with CSC Cobra trike kit.
1988 Harley Davidson Sportster 883 with Hypercharger Bobber.
West GA Chapter 89 Southern Cruisers riding club.

AZgl1800
Motorcycle: '02 GL1800
2009 Piaggio MP3 250cc

Post by AZgl1800 »

I still have the RAM X-Grip on the left handlebar clutch mount.
its' only purpose now, is a place to hang my helmet sock to dry out in between uses.

spreading the helmet sock out over the X-grip allows it to dry in the length of time, it takes to go inside, drain my radiator, grab a bite to munch on, and a soft drink for caffeine purposes.

My GPS is center mounted between the handlebar grips via RAM mount adapters.
the cellphone is never used any more while riding, it stays in my pocket so it can't get lost.

Since this thread started, my Note4 died a soft death, I replaced it with a Note8.
very satisfied, with it, much faster processor and it has never had a problem..
~John

'02 GL1800
2009 Piaggio MP3 250cc

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (sold)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2012 Suzuki Burgman 400 (wife's!)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Post by WingAdmin »

Corkster52 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:45 am
I experimented with a number of them but ended up making a hybrid of sorts from several of them. The old Ram case that I had was the perfect width but wasn't tall enough, so I scrapped the top half and just used the bottom. I don't really trust holders that just hold onto the sides because I have had them come loose. I like the phone to nest on something. Since I no longer had anything to hold down into the bottom hooks I used the rubber hold-downs that were in on an old X style holder.
If you look at my review of that unit, I show how you can easily adjust the top piece to fit larger phones.

seabeechief
Motorcycle: 2008 GL1800

Post by seabeechief »

AZgl1800 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:14 pm
Installed the Android Auto app.

reading customer reviews, it seems to have some idiosyncrasies that annoy a lot of people.
One such, is the Screen must be 'ON' to receive Notifications?? ( my Note 4 does not )

You mention 'Power up', does that mean the S7 you are using does not have an Internal Battery anymore? ( the S7 has had a mixed review in the past with battery failures )

Have you ever used the Note 4 or equivalent, is the S7 any better?
the Note 4 is restricted to Android 6.x now

a question on Data Consumption. How heavy is this effecting your Data Plan?

Verizon is stingy with Data, the max they allow me on Shared Family data is 8gB
that is damn near nothing in today's world.
and they don't allow Hotspots to have Unlimited data at all, on any plan that I can ascertain... spent a lot of time last night trying to get more data, I am down to 700KBytes left for the next 25 days. ??
AZgl1800; if you have Spectrum in your area, I will highly recommend their cell phone service. For a minimum gig (sorry I don't recall how much, but I seldom use it all) you can get it for $14.00 per month, all taxes included. Unlimited Data is $45.00, all taxes included. We were really anxious about quitting our overpriced and unreliable Verizon account, but I have never regretted it.

Chief

Combat Vets Association - San Antonio
Patriot Guard Riders - San Antonio & Austin
Darkside #1609