‘14 F6B aux\usb selection

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-2017)
  • Sponsored Links
Sempai
Motorcycle: '94 GL1500SE
'14 GL1800F6B

‘14 F6B aux\usb selection

Post by Sempai » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:47 am

Well I bought mine used, just over 5k miles on it, and I’ve had this issue since I started using the Aux/USB feature. I haven’t any idea if this is normal, if there’s some kind of malfunction, or perhaps a setting I’m not finding:
I have an iPod that’s permanently mounted in the saddlebag and connected to the USB extension port 100% of the time. I use the iPod 99.9% of the time, really only switch to the tuner whenever I’m in fear of extremely foul weather.
Here is my dilemma and question to the GL1800 community...although I have the stereo set to USB nearly all the time, it inconsistently changes to Aux when the bike’s been turned off. There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme nor reason to it, no noticeable pattern. I can park the bike overnight and start it up and it might be set to USB, or Aux. could be a 3 minute stop at a convenience store, come back out start it up and it’s in Aux. But as I said earlier, it is totally inconsistent, sometimes I’ll start it up and it’ll still be on USB.
Is this normal? Is there a setting to default it to USB? Anyone else’s experiencing this?

Keep the rubber side down.