A group riding down to Sturgis.

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Good Hondog
Motorcycle: 1980 GL1100 Interstate

A group riding down to Sturgis.

Post by Good Hondog » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:52 pm

I was riding down near the Alberta / Montana border on Friday morning and saw several groups of guys on Harley Davidson's heading south to Sturgis. One particular group that day made me chuckle to myself out loud in my helmet. They had a guy on a GL1500 with them but he was banished to the back of the pack. They all had the same black leather riding gear, including the Honda guy. I hope they have a good sense of humor at the Buffalo Chip campground when they get there. :lol:

Viking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD
1987 Harley Softail Custom
1974 Harley FLH (sold)
1965 Harley FLHE (sold)
1957 Harley Chopper (sold)

Re: A group riding down to Sturgis.

Post by Viking » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:47 am

They do have a good sense of humor at Buffalo Chip, and I have seen lots of Goldwings and other "other makes" bikes at Sturgis. Sturgis used to be a yearly trip for me, when I still rode Harley - it is, after all, originally, an all Harley event. The main purpose for Sturgis was the "All Harley Drag Racing". I have seen things happen at Sturgis, to Japanese made motorcycles, but as far as I am concerned, it was set up to look like what was seen. I saw the Hells Angels burn one on main street, and then give the owner a wad of cash. Turns out the bike was put there for that purpose. At Buffalo Chip, there was a lot of back and forth, good natured, joking between Harley riders and other brands riders, but it WAS all in fun. There are a few Harley riders that get a bit offensive, but there are some other brand riders that do as well. Most Harley riders really do not care what other people ride. I have experienced more derision from other brand riders towards Harley riders than I really thought I would before I bought a Goldwing. Sorry, but that is the way it is.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

Good Hondog
Motorcycle: 1980 GL1100 Interstate

Post by Good Hondog » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:36 am

Viking wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:47 am
there was a lot of back and forth, good natured, joking between Harley riders and other brands riders, but it WAS all in fun. There are a few Harley riders that get a bit offensive, but there are some other brand riders that do as well. Most Harley riders really do not care what other people ride.
You're right Viking and it will probably always be that way. Like the old saying goes: "The more things change the more they stay the same".

minimac
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Aspencade
2006 Burgman Executive
2007 Yamaha Majesty
2006 Yamaha Morphous

Post by minimac » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:29 am

Good Hondog wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:36 am
You're right Viking and it will probably always be that way. Like the old saying goes: "The more things change the more they stay the same".
That's the issue....H-D has stayed the same! :)