Front Fender

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
Whopper Stopper
Motorcycle: 99 Goldwing SE

Front Fender

Post by Whopper Stopper » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:14 am

This morning I clobbered a deer while aboard my 99 GL 1500. It seems the only damage was to the front fender and the left fender cover. Does anyone know where I might start searching? I sure appreciate any help passed my way, I feel sick about it.

WS

tsandvik
Motorcycle: 1990 GL1500 Aspencade

Re: Front Fender

Post by tsandvik » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:56 am

My first stop is always Ebay. Could get lucky. Have gotten parts from Fallen Bikes. There is a parts recovery place located in New Port Richey florida (suncoastcyclesports.com). They are always advertising various Goldwing parts that are coming off crashed wrecked bikes. Invertory varies. I have picked up a couple of good used engines here.

Whopper Stopper
Motorcycle: 99 Goldwing SE

Post by Whopper Stopper » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:28 am

Thanks for your reply, it was much appreciated. I am not having much luck, looks like it will be awhile.

WS

bluthundr31
Motorcycle: 1991 GL1500 Interstate (Cinnamon Beige)

Post by bluthundr31 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:51 pm

I searched 3 of the Honda "Parts houses" for the front fender and left fender cover. The cost was $299-329 for the fender but the "color" selection is very dismal. The left fender cover is $149-165 and also has poor selection of matching "color".

Look on the bottom of each of the parts to be replaced and see if you can find the "exact" part number. It looks like there are about 4 or 5 different colors to choose from, but the last two letters indicate YOUR correct color.

If I were you, , I'd look on the web for motorcycle salvage/dismantlers in your area and make a few calls, or emails. You might find an outfit close to you that has your part.

Next, there is also a motorcycle parts "network"/database that many salvage/dismantler/wreckers belong to the could be the answer for you. You enter your part number/year/model/color and your email address into the database, and all the salvage yards on the network are alerted for what part you need. If they have it, they email you. They're pretty good about accurately getting the part and describing the "condition" of the part. There are a few networks in different areas of the US, , I don't know if they are connected somehow though.

Charlie1Horse
Motorcycle: 1986 GL1200A Aspencade
1992 GL1500I Interstate

Post by Charlie1Horse » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:49 pm

Just keep watching ebay and don't get in a hurry. I have found parts there that are even the right color so I don't have to paint and for a price I am willing to pay. It took quite a while but was worth the wait. If your fender is still good enough to hang on just leave it for now till you find another. That wouldn't keep you from enjoying the ride.
Russell

Those who say it cannot be done should try not to interrupt those who are doing it.

CrystalPistol
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500SE/'98 Lehman Trike

Post by CrystalPistol » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:53 pm

tsandvik wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:56 am
My first stop is always Ebay. Could get lucky. Have gotten parts from Fallen Bikes. There is a parts recovery place located in New Port Richey, Florida (suncoastcyclesports.com). They are always advertising various Goldwing parts that are coming off crashed wrecked bikes. Invertory varies. I have picked up a couple of good used engines here.
I've gotten lucky there too.

In 2004, when we bought this trike, the left side cover was missing from being blown off on a ride, seller bought me a new one with emblem from Honda, was over $400 then.