Bluetooth Helmet with Intercom

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
JPochron
Motorcycle: 1995 Honda Goldwing GL1500 Aspencade

Bluetooth Helmet with Intercom

Post by JPochron » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:37 pm

I was searching eBay for a new helmet and came across a Sena Savage Helmet with a opening bid of $90.00 and no reserve. I use a sniping bid tool so I don't have to watch the auction to the last minute as I set it to bid 3 seconds prior to the auction ending also prevents getting into a bidding war. I won the bid at $112.00 plus $15.00 shipping not bad for a $400.00 helmet. When I received it I wasn't aware of all the capabilities it had. What's really nice about this helmet is that it has a built-in FM Radio and it really sounds amazing. I spent several hundred and several hours installing an aftermarket stereo and speakers way more than what I spent on the helmet. Had I known about this type of helmet I would have gone this route instead of replacing the stock stereo. Since i wanted intercom for my wife and I instead of trying to hear what each are saying I also purchased a Sena SMH10R intercom for my wife's helmet and the sound quality is nice and clear while talking to 1 another. The SMH10R doesn't have FM Radio but you can share or listen to music from your phone. Also phone calls are clear and easy to make. The Sena Bluetooth units have a lot of features on them

2003Cobra
Motorcycle: 2003 Goldwing GL1800 with a CSC Cobra trike kit.
1988 Harley Davidson Sportster
1985 Honda Saber VF1100 (Non-runner)

Re: Bluetooth Helmet with Intercom

Post by 2003Cobra » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:36 pm

I have been using the 20S for several years now and really like it. My wife also has the SMH10 on her helmet and has it also paired to her phone so she can listen to the music she likes. I currently have it set up to work with a freewire and my phone. Of course both of my helmets are set up for the SMH10 or another brand. I would like to find a helmet that I could integrate mine into with out it hanging off the helmet, What Helmet did you end up getting? Does it have the 20S integrated into the helmet?
2003 Goldwing GL1800 with CSC Cobra trike kit.
1988 Harley Davidson Sportster 883 with Hypercharger Bobber.
West GA Chapter 89 Southern Cruisers riding club.

JPochron
Motorcycle: 1995 Honda Goldwing GL1500 Aspencade

Re: Bluetooth Helmet with Intercom

Post by JPochron » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:35 pm

I purchased the Sena Savage it's factory installed. It's a helmet with bluetooth already in it. But it's very pricey I got lucky getting it at a great buy off of eBay. Seller said the helmet was brand new and was selling it because his motorcycle was stolen. I was surprised he let it go so cheap.