Motorcycle: 1984 GL1200 interstate
1981 XJ650 Maxim
1997 VS800GL Intruder

For Sale: 1884 GL1200 Goldwing custom trike

Post by popcraig » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:02 pm

PROJECT BIKE!

This is a 1984 1200cc Goldwing.
Price lowered to $3,000
It had been in a wreck and rebuilt as a trike. The rear end is out of a Ford Ranger.
It has 56,557 miles on the odometer.
When I bought this as a running bike about 8 years ago, it looked like this.

Original condition
Original condition

The brakes were soft. When I went to bleed them I found the cylinders need rebuilding. I also found a lot of damage to all the plastic, mostly to the bolt holes. Someone had tried to repair it with epoxy. You have to use ABS solvent to repair it. Epoxy does not work on ABS plastic. There is an excellent article on this site about how to do that.
The engine and transmission were running good. I started to disassemble it to replace the brakes and had to move on to other priorities.
I have the clear Missouri title the previous owner signed over to me.
The previous owner had it sitting in a shed and mice built a nest in the fairing and did a lot of damage to the wires.
As far as I know, the brakes, wiring in the fairing, and plastics are the only functional problems.
You have to pick it up with a trailer that is at least 5 feet wide. I can not deliver it. It will not fit on my trailer.
PM me with any questions. The first picture is as I received it. I has been in a garage until this summer. There was a tarp over it, but the wind shredded it.
You can also see this bike listed on Facebook Marketplace. Someone added "automatic transmission to the description. It is NOT. This is a standard transmission.
Attachments