Simple Specs That May Be Useful To Others

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
patbrandon1
Motorcycle: 1987 GL1200 Interstate
1982 GL1100I (Crashed)
1981 Honda CM400C (Sold)

Simple Specs That May Be Useful To Others

Post by patbrandon1 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:54 am

When I'm changing a tire or replacing timing belts, things I do pretty often, etc... I like to have torque specs easily accessible. I used to write stuff on a memo pad, and/or use the manual. Trouble is, I tend to get that stuff greasy and sometimes unreadable.

What I've been doing for a while now is printing stuff I use often and keep them in Sheet Protectors...
https://www.dollargeneral.com/dg-office ... lsrc=aw.ds&

Now when I do something, I grab this from my garage file and don't have to worry if I get it greasy. It wipes right off. One could spill coffee, beer, soda, or even candle wax, (don't ask), and it would still be usable for next time.

I get so much help from others on this site that it is hard to figure out how I can be helpful. I thought I would put up four screen shots of the simple one I use. If you find you would use it, I can email you the two pages of a Microsoft Work Doc, then you could print it out and put them in one of those sheet protectors back to back and have one page with all of it on one sheet protector.

If there is anything you think should/could be added, just let me know and I'll do it.

patbrandon1
Motorcycle: 1987 GL1200 Interstate
1982 GL1100I (Crashed)
1981 Honda CM400C (Sold)

Re: Simple Specs That May Be Useful To Others

Post by patbrandon1 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:59 am

Oops. I see I spelled commonly wrong. I'll fix it right up.