What Were The Worst Riding Conditions You Ever Experienced?

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
Ed Brock
Motorcycle: 1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GD
1998 1500 SE

Re: What Were The Worst Riding Conditions You Ever Experienced?

Post by Ed Brock »

Wingadmin,
Nice to reminder about the contest regulations. As I was reading your comments I remembered reading what you said. Thanks for the reminder. Concussions are not fun, which I remembered more, but I am starting to remember things more sometimes I need a slight or sometimes big lengthy reminders.
Thanks again. This is a very excellent website, people on it are very sharp on many topics.
Ed

jcn59
Motorcycle: 1986 1200A Aspencade

Post by jcn59 »

Here is a different thought when you think it can't get worse: I had a health issue 8 years ago after my son was murdered. I was hunting and only 100 yards from my truck. I became light headed and couldn't walk due to an interior bleed. I was crawling back to my truck and I reached a point where I couldn't go another inch. I was pretty sure that was "The End". So I prayed. I was raised Catholic and we weren't supposed to pray for ourselves, only other people. I came to grips with that. Anyways THE MOMENT I started to pray, I became stronger and was able to make it to my truck, and the hospital. I was there 3 days. That is my story.

echinus1988
Motorcycle: 2006 GL1800, 1982 GL1100 Aspencade (Sold), 1980 GL1100 (sold), 2006 GL1800, 1981 Suzuki GS450L, 1981 Honda CM400, 2007 Kawasaki KLR650

Post by echinus1988 »

I have had a few over the years. Oklahoma for the February Candy Ass Run that I never made but still had to drive home with my snowmobile suit covered by my old rainsuit. The hot shower felt so good but hurt as circulation was restored to my legs.

My most recent was coming home from San Diego last year. Rain and cold and fog and cold temperatures were no fun. I thought San Diego was hot and dry but not when I was there. Coming home I hit Vail Pass in Colorado and that was miserable! Cold and wet with light snow, slush. I tucked in behind 2 semis but couldn't keep up with them because my back tire kept slipping and causing me to fishtail. On top of that I was towing my Bunkhouse trailer and having a heck of a time. I was moving about 10-15 miles per hour all the way up and over. I don't normally use flashers while driving but I was really worried that someone would not see me in the spray and snow. I finally got over the pass and pulled into the first gas station to gas up and see if I could find out about the weather. The station had a monitor that showed the road ahead and I found that it was pretty clear except near the tunnels. I had a windshield totally iced over when I stopped but it gradually melted. I don't have any desire to ever go through that again.

But I bet I will.

Ed Brock
Motorcycle: 1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GD
1998 1500 SE

Post by Ed Brock »

Dam, that's hard core.
Ed