Summer's slipping away

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
WA9FWT
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade Now a Trike
1975 Cb750K sold

Re: Summer's slipping away

Post by WA9FWT » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:32 pm

offcenter wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:17 pm
Here in New Jersey, I'm still waiting for the BEGINNING of summer!
It started raining in April and it hasn't stopped yet.
I feel like I'm living in Seattle instead of New Jersey.
This is ridiculous!
We can count the number of really nice summer days we've had
this year on our fingers.
don't feel bad, it was the same here on the shore of lake Michigan..We never did get the boat out.Still sitting there waiting.Even the cycle didn't move but a little this year.
73 de WA9FWT

Sadanorakman
Motorcycle: 1991 GL1500 SE

Re: Summer's slipping away

Post by Sadanorakman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:52 am

We've had a gloriously long, hot summer in the UK this year after the coldest winter we've had in a few years.

Right now, the trees are starting to turn beautiful, golden, autumnal hues, as the days shorten toward winter.

If all goes well, I get to collect my 1991 SE from the shipping agents 100 miles away in two days time. I bought her 13 months ago, and haven't ridden her yet!

... A UK bike that had been taken out to Tenerife ten years ago. After buying, I let her over-winter there, and it's then taken all this summer to find and organise suitable shipping to get her home safely. She docked 10 days ago in London, and cleared customs a few days later.

I'm so looking forward to getting the old gal safely home and stripped naked, ready for a 27-year 'service'... Belts, forks, brakes, tyres, fluids, filters, drive shaft, carbs off, etc... all being well, she should be all ready to hit the road by the spring, and be back on British registration plates for the first time in a decade.

Wish me luck!
There are two types of people in this world, those that can extrapolate from incomplete data,