What does every one do for a living?

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Jacked
Motorcycle: 2013 F6B Deluxe

Re: What does every one do for a living?

Post by Jacked » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:00 am

I grew up twisting wrenches in a dirty old shop because thats what my father did. We worked on anything that had wheels and I hated every minute of it but it did pay the bills. I finally (at 40) decided to go back to school and now hold the title of a "Biomedical Engineer". It sounds great but I'm still just a glorified mechanic, I work on medical equipment for a large health system here in Georgia.
If it plugs in and is used on or for the care of a patient, it comes through our department. The best part is that everything is clean, no nasty dirty grease, I get to work in pajamas (scrubs) every day and now I have time to ride with friends.

GaryRatliff
Motorcycle: 2001 Honda Goldwing

Post by GaryRatliff » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:25 am

I'm in my 38th year of ministry and have been pastoring a church for over 30 years. That may explain why I need to RIDEEEEE every time I get a chance, lol.

Soupcat 1920
Motorcycle: 1975 GL1000 x 2 ,1975 CB400F , 1979 Yamaha XS650SF, 1981 Yamaha XS650SH

Post by Soupcat 1920 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:37 am

Hats off to you and your profession. Leading a congregation must be extremely trying at times. A friend recently pointed out to me his philosophy when the pressures of life mount. He simply stated he is “ too blessed to be stressed.”. Something I hope to remember and adopt. Meanwhile, life’s a ride so enjoy it to the best of your ability.

GaryRatliff
Motorcycle: 2001 Honda Goldwing

Post by GaryRatliff » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:53 pm

Thank you Soupcat. "To blessed to be stressed" was also one of my late father's "sayings." Riding is a great opportunity for me to clear my mind :).

Gary